• Avert your eyes!
    today, 
    Tod Rudgren. Can we still be friends.
    Chemical Brothers. Surrender.
    Budgie. Budgie.
    Nazareth. Nazareth.
    All on vinyl.
    Ok, as you were!
  • What's the problem? You like what you like and I like what I like (before anyone says it, nobody else likes it!).
  • edited July 2022
    Absolutely!
    That is the beauty of this kind of thread. Even if a particular regular  >:) usually posts music one dislikes, there will always be the odd one here and there that pleasantly surprise!
    A great source of new-to-me/you music.

A bit of Pearl Jam belting out right now B)
  • For a short time, back in the 90s, it seemed like jazz was coming back into the mainstream.

• edited July 2022
    Nina Simone - Little Girl Blue. Her first album.
    Did I ever tell you how much I hate My Baby Just Cares For Me? Avoiding that, it's a good album.

• Today, so far.
    Stanley Clark, School Days.
    George Duke, Don't let Go.
    Dianna Krall, The girl in the other room.
    Madeleine Peyroux, Careless love.
  • Today so far,
    Aimee Man. Magnolia sound track.
    Beachboys. Pet sounds, what more could you want on a fine summers day?
  • I will maybe even play Pet Sounds later if I get my sounds working in the garden.
  • Some Norwegian music to cool you down:
    Looks like the whole album is there on YT.

• The Pixies - Doolittle
    At the time, this album felt like paint stripper. Now, it sounds like pop.

• A day for reminiscing,
    Hookfoot.
    Bebop Delux,
    Spooky Tooth.
    Cool days man.
  • A bit of Wayne Shorter, the early stuff. Only on vinyl, nice!
  • The Blue Note stuff?
  • Yes, both purchased many, many years ago from a s/h shop in Ealing and rarely listened to since!
    Adams Apple and Super Nova.
  • Today so far,
    Graceland Paul Simon, simply because I like it and the recording, on vinyl is good.
    Little feat a bit later, find a better rhythm section, I cant.
  • Yes, both purchased many, many years ago from a s/h shop in Ealing and rarely listened to since!
    Adams Apple and Super Nova.
    I played Super Nova yesterday and the Soothsayer today because you reminded me that I hadn't played them for ages. 
  • Today so far,
    Graceland Paul Simon, simply because I like it and the recording, on vinyl is good.
    Little feat a bit later, find a better rhythm section, I cant.
     :) 
  • So, today I've been on more Blue Note...
    Lee Morgan - Search for the New Land
    Morgan was a great trumpeter.

• After a evening of Little Feat, glorious! (please give your opinions on a better rhythm section)
    Argent, Ring of hands.
    Wishbone Ash, Wishbone Ash.
    Last but not least, Rye Cooder Bona vista Social Club, mmm.
  • Ry Cooder - Chavez Ravine!
  • In my present mood, lots of ZZ Tops and Billy Gibbons very loud, Blow it all away!
  • We had ZZ Top, Clapton and BB King, and Fela Kuti in the garden last night.

I love ZZ Top but really don't like blues rock. Discuss: Is ZZ Top blues rock?  :)
  • Blues rock? really not that good with musical genres, but for me they fall into that Southern Rock thing, if that's a term ? i.e.  Marshall Tucker, Lynyrd Skkynyrd etc. 
  • I don't know Marshall Tucker. I'm not that keen on Lynyrd Skynyrd.
  • For some obscure reason I always have their name mentally carved as Linn-Ed. Skin'ead. :o
  • While I'm here....listening to The Answer, Everyday Demons to oust some cobwebs >:)

• cj66 said:
    For some obscure reason I always have their name mentally carved as Linn-Ed. Skin'ead. :o

And, why not?
  • cj66 said:
    While I'm here....listening to The Answer, Everyday Demons to oust some cobwebs >:)

How nice for Sunday morning, Chris. Thank you so much!
  • DoomCannon - Renaissance
    Probably doesn't sound as you're thinking.

• L/Skynyard are marmite best album for me, probably Street Survivors (might even fit in your blues rock description)  Marshall Tucker band more accessible? and worth a listen to me. Listening to The Answer at the moment as your post prompted me. In the garden on the iPad with a long G and T, happy days, its 5pm somewhere!
  • Now listening to some cajun, have grown to like this a lot. Currently Thunder struck(ACDC) brilliant Steve n the seagulls, Dead south, In hell ill be in good company, equally brilliant. Plus much, much more. All on YouTube. Give the first two a go otherwise you'll never know. I didn't.
  • You can post a YouTube Share link straight into Chews and it'll appear like in the DoomCannon post above.
  • And old, old favourite this afternoon.

Tom Waits - Nighthawks at the Diner

• Chilling out on a Monday night...

• Here's a more obscure crew, I've heard all their studio albums that have developed over the years. They had previously been interesting but never quite made an album fully enjoyable for me, sameness and familiarity being the stumbling blocks.
    They got very close with their previous outing Transporter. I've only just heard their most recent album Dayla.
    By golly gosh I think they've cracked it, really liking this...

• Bill Evans - The Interplay Sessions
    Not ugly music, at all. Very mainstream, but it's an album I picked up somewhere along the way.

• cj66 said:
    Chilling out on a Monday night...

Should I know this?, says Ignoramus of West Sussex.
  • cj66 said:
    Here's a more obscure crew, I've heard all their studio albums that have developed over the years. They had previously been interesting but never quite made an album fully enjoyable for me, sameness and familiarity being the stumbling blocks.
    They got very close with their previous outing Transporter. I've only just heard their most recent album Dayla.

I wonder how this can be more obscure than something I'd never heard of. Hmm...
    Couldn't find the album on Qobuz, but it is on Spotify. Listening to it now. I'll report back.
  • uglymusic said:
    cj66 said:

Here's a clue, Mr. Magoo....

"Simon Posford (Shpongle, Hallucinogen) and Benji Vaughan (Prometheus) formed the band"

• cj66 said:
    uglymusic said:
    cj66 said:

Here's a clue, Mr. Magoo....

"Simon Posford (Shpongle, Hallucinogen) and Benji Vaughan (Prometheus) formed the band"

I wish you hadn't told me that. When Radio Paradise plays Shpongle, I try to skip it!
  • uglymusic said:
    cj66 said:
    Here's a more obscure crew, I've heard all their studio albums that have developed over the years. They had previously been interesting but never quite made an album fully enjoyable for me, sameness and familiarity being the stumbling blocks.

I wonder how this can be more obscure than something I'd never heard of. Hmm...
    Couldn't find the album on Qobuz, but it is on Spotify. Listening to it now. I'll report back.

Quite nice, old chap, if a bit patchy.

I'll certainly give it another play.
  • David Murray - Interboogiology

Mid-seventies not-totally free jazz, but it makes a good noise with a kind of traditional spine to it. Oh, and it helps feed my need for recordings featuring South African bassist, Johnny Dyani.

• I wish you hadn't told me that. When Radio Paradise plays Shpongle, I try to skip it!
    Indeed, I'm not a Shpongle fan either!

• cj66 said:

I wish you hadn't told me that. When Radio Paradise plays Shpongle, I try to skip it!
    Indeed, I'm not a Shpongle fan either!

Good man! :)
  • Listening to a Klezmer playlist on Spotti that a friend sent me. I think he's having some fun with me!
  • Sun of Goldfinger - Ozmir
    Alto player Tim Berne's most fruitful recent musical relationship is with guitarist, sound shaper and album masterer David Torn. Occasionally, we get to hear the two of them play together, such as on Torn's fantastic Prezens and the boggling eponymous Sun of Goldfinger (both on ECM).
    This one is from a live gig by Sun of Goldfinger at DROM in Manhattan, with live- and post-processing by Torn and electronics by percussionist Ches Smith.
    There's loads of live stuff on YT, but not this album. Neither can I find it on streaming. Talk to me nicely and I might let you hear it :)
  • edited August 2022
    James Brandon Lewis - Code of Being
    Guess what? It isn't on YT, but here's some wonderful solo playing on the occasion of John Coltrane's 90th birthday (had he lived).

• I've been listening to Radio Paradise's World/Eclectic mix for nearly an hour this morning and no Shpongle. Result!!!!
  • It may not be the best for Sunday morning, but I'm doing my once-a-decade play of:
    Lou Reed - New York
    It's my walk on the wildside :s