Listening to ...

Comments

• Try a bit of this, 
     :D  :D  :D  
  • How about this (love Daryl's house) 
  • How about this (love Daryl's house) 
    Yep. I've seen this video. Gotta love ZZ Top.
  • It's not the video I thought it was. I hadn't seen this one.
  • Just a taster before I retire, 
  • Just a taster before I retire, 
    Now, that wasn't what I was expecting! Who the heck are they?
  • This is sounding much better to me than when it came out:

Robert Glasper - Double Booked

• Remo Four B) decidedly British!
  • I have one vinyl album, just looked it up and see its worth a few quid lucky me  :)

• I preferred the first track. 
  • I have one vinyl album, just looked it up and see its worth a few quid lucky me  :)
     B) 
  • So did I.
  • Maybe a bit more like this? not so much on tinternt from the album I have 
  • IzangoMa - Ngo Ma

I found this buried in the Electronic section on Qobuz. It's so much more than that - lots of South African jazz in there, signalled by a track called 'Tribute to Johnny Dyani' (Dyani was a great South African double bassist who died in exile during the apartheid years).
  • This is great! Another mixture of genres with jazz somewhere at its core:

Speakers Corner Quartet - Further Out Than The Edge

There are several tracks on YT. 
  • I've been listening to this Jools Holland soundalike:

There's a lot of the album on YT. 
  • Maybe a bit more like this? not so much on tinternt from the album I have 
    That's quite fun  :)

I can't believe they've stayed out of my sight for all this time.
  • It happens :)
  • One more from the archives, 
  • Dont know if anyone else are experiencing the same storms as we are in Berkshire, anyway reminding me greatly of Alan Parsons Tails of Mystery and Imagination, Just listen.
  • I'm in North Yorkshire ATM, and so far, no storms.
  • One more from the archives, 
    You're doing well on the security stakes, my friend. I don't know them, either.
  • My Daughter lives in Knaresborough and says much the same :s
  • Forgot to say a lovely place to spend time, North Yorkshire.
  • Forgot to say a lovely place to spend time, North Yorkshire.
    It is. We come here quite often. A place called Staithes, on the coast, as far north as you can go without ending up in Cleveland!
  • The great Marshall Tucker band
  • The great Marshall Tucker band

I'll listen to them sometime later.
  • Yea why not, although I dont think its something that will "float your boat" ;)
  • Dhafer Youssef - Sounds of Mirrors

I could only find one track - this, the first - on YT. It's a great album if you can find it all (it's on Spotify and Qobuz, for a start).
  • lost me, cant get my head around that! what are you on B)
  • Sorry about that. It was recommended by a mate of mine who's on the same stuff  :)
  • Know for something completely new 
  • Now I'm back from my travels, I'll have to impose a little discipline on the listening habits around here  :)

Don Cherry - Inside/Outside

A live album that I found on Qobuz, that I can't find anything about at the moment. Google: zilch. YT, just a load of stuff about some Canadian sports commentator (how did he filch the great trumpeter's name??).

Anyhow, if you can find it on streaming, it's really good. And if you can find out who's playing on it, where it was recorded (sounds like outdoors, so it may be one of the European festivals - have a missed a 'Hello Willisau' somewhere?) and when.

I guess I may have missed the band announcements, too. I've been unpacking and all that post-holiday rubbish while I've had it playing anywhere in the house Sam isn't. Marital harmony and all that  ;)
  • Just found this via another forum  ;) on youtube, never heard of them before but a good listen imo. 
  • Yea why not, although I dont think its something that will "float your boat" ;)
    It's OK. I'm not desperate to go looking for more. But, who knows, it may happen  :)
  • Know for something completely new 
    Hmm. Not really to my taste. 

Nice double bass at the start, though.
  • IzangoMa - Ngo Ma

I'm enjoying it a lot.
  • Certainly not to my taste o:) enjoy.
  • We're not doing very well recently!
  • I know! Think I might have been scraping the bottom of the barrel lately, trying to avoid to much retro. Time for a rethink, maybe retro is not so bad? ;)
  • I think I've just overdosed on "ugly"!

Let's have a grunge injection...

From Mark Lanegans earlier days wiv da band.

• Dare I say it? I'm enjoying this:

Chris Lightcap - Superette

Nothing on YT, except some promo stuff
  • edited June 2023
    I know! Think I might have been scraping the bottom of the barrel lately, trying to avoid to much retro. Time for a rethink, maybe retro is not so bad? ;)
    Am I supposed to suggest that I've been doing the same?  :) :) :)
  • cj66 said:
    I think I've just overdosed on "ugly"!

Let's have a grunge injection...

From Mark Lanegans earlier days wiv da band.

I'll have you know you can never overdose on "ugly" <finger wag>  :)

I'll play the Mark Lanegan soon. I remember liking something that you were playing before.  
  • edited July 2023
    Just found this via another forum  ;) on youtube, never heard of them before but a good listen imo. 
    That's fun!
    uglymusic said:
    Dare I say it? I'm enjoying this:

Aha! I've only heard the older stuff, very much straight jazz in my book so not for me but maybe your thing Dave.
    IMHO, this album you've linked to is a warm-up/transitional stage for the next album. This one being a real jazz fusion outing that I've just had a first listen to, "Superbigmouth", and really like.
    All on Spotify.

• cj66 said:
    Just found this via another forum  ;) on youtube, never heard of them before but a good listen imo. 
    That's fun!
    uglymusic said:
    Dare I say it? I'm enjoying this:

Aha! I've only heard the older stuff, very much straight jazz in my book so not for me but maybe your thing Dave.
    IMHO, this album you've linked to is a warm-up/transitional stage for the next album. This one being a real jazz fusion outing that I've just had a first listen to, "Superbigmouth", and really like.
    All on Spotify.

Yep. Superbigmouth is great, a schmushing together of two of Lightcap's bands: Big Mouth and Superette. How did he think of that title?  :s 
  • edited July 2023
    I came across an incredible cover version of Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb.

I must share with you guys....

:D

• cj66 said:
    I came across an incredible cover version of Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb.

I must share with you guys....

:D

I've always been impressed with the Animals  :D