How far do you venture in music?

How far do you venture from your normal listen? Since  coming her I have ventured into the world of jazz. Thanks to someone here, even if only in a small way. Do you listen to others posts, or things outside your normal zone If you do, :) do you enjoy any, if you don't why?

Comments

• edited January 2023
    I don't know. It's a difficult question.

I post some of the things I listen to, but nowhere near all of them.

I have a Qobuz subscription to try the marginal explorations; the core of my listening resides on my NAS.

But, I wonder if the answer to your question lies in my decades of music exploration? I need to hear stuff I don't know, even if I find myself going backwards in time, rather than listening new music.

I often enjoy music I don't know.
  • edited January 2023
    I always listen to others posts for music. Many gems have popped up that I  probably wouldn't have discovered otherwise.
    Although I usually say I dislike jazz, Dave has posted a few I liked, though leaning more to jazz-fusion which I like plenty of anyway.
    Radio Paradise is a great source of music I've never heard or heard of before.
    Spotify Song Radio and YouTube wanderings can also be fun.
    I'll give anything I don't know a try.
  • +1 for Radio Paradise loads of unheard of, known of  turn up there and of course YouTube. lots of bands I know and lots of stuff and connections I didn't. I find it fascinating what it is that others listen to and have found some good stuff that way, whilst the core of my "yoof" remains. I like to think I will listen to anything but in truth if the first few moments don't grab me I rarely give it a second go. Shame on me.
  • cj66 said:
    I always listen to others posts for music. Many gems have popped up that I  probably wouldn't have discovered otherwise.
    Although I usually say I dislike jazz, Dave has posted a few I liked, though leaning more to jazz-fusion which I like plenty of anyway.
    Radio Paradise is a great source of music I've never heard or heard of before.
    Spotify Song Radio and YouTube wanderings can also be fun.
    I'll give anything I don't know a try.
    All of the above, although I seldom venture on to Spotify. 
  • +1 for Radio Paradise loads of unheard of, known of  turn up there and of course YouTube. lots of bands I know and lots of stuff and connections I didn't. I find it fascinating what it is that others listen to and have found some good stuff that way, whilst the core of my "yoof" remains. I like to think I will listen to anything but in truth if the first few moments don't grab me I rarely give it a second go. Shame on me.
    If I trust the recommender, I'll try to listen to all of it. But life's too short...