Comments

• Rest in peace. Great influence in my youth, celebrate him with Beck, Bogert and Appice
  • Try YouTube live performance, living alone Japan.
  • A loss to the music world but at least he didn't die at 33 or 45.
    Badom-tish..... it's ok, I've got my coat!
  • cj66 said:
    A loss to the music world but at least he didn't die at 33 or 45.
    Badom-tish..... it's ok, I've got my coat!
    Now, I saw it, but I thought I'd leave it for someone else  :)
  • Some of his music sounded better at 78, chipmunk style.
    A great loss, how old was he??
  • Dave you live in a inverted other world, just like me, it just a shame Newton allowed gravity to work here also, Slipped on Ice today ouch, "bloody Newton stick to apples you sod."
  • There's certainly something odd about our worlds!  :)

Slipping on ice can be painful, as I found out a few weeks ago (ask Sam about her funny version of me suddenly disappearing from sight). I hope you're OK, and Mr Newton gets back to you soon  :)
  • Bruised bum. And very wet.
  • Bruised ego, too? I had that  :o
  • Know that feeling, looking around to see who noticed. Few do.
  • All blind here glued to mobile phone even cross roads without see bus Death in London by phone. Causes blindness and stupidity. 
  • I'm sure if someone found a way to switch networks off most would collapse and disappear as if in an Arthur C Clark novel.
  • I remember when mobile phones were launched in the UK, in 1986, I think. The expectation was that they would only appeal to businesses and users would number in the thousands rather than the millions we have today.

I have two, for a start.
  • I'm also guilty of running two phones :#

My old S6e is really creaking now and finally needs replacing. My OPPO, far younger, is a budget type but surprisingly good, handles stationary duties like streaming etc.

My first, oooooo-dats-cool phone was the first Samsung flip ( SG-1? ), which ran faultlessly for years until I fell on it, suitably knackering it. I still resisted a Smart-phone though, finally succumbing several years later, then exclaiming "blimey, you can everything on this little £¥@€♤♧"
  • I'm in a similar place. My iPhone 6S Plus is just about useless, with a knackered battery and no longer supporting the latest iOS. 

I'll buy a secondhand iPhone-something-newer to replace my iPhone 8 Plus and shuffle that off to weekend duty. 
  • We are losing to many great musical talents so stop OK
  • I had a shock today. One of my favourite pianists, Bobo Stenson, was referred to in the past tense in an article I was reading about Scandinavian jazz. I hadn't heard he'd died.

Googled his name, and it seems he's very much alive. Phew!