4 channel USB PSU for Uncle Dave

Uncle Dave the PSU is now being made, what colour do you want? Black, Silver Bright Blue even yuk Yellow??

Comments

• Curious.

Is this to be a power-injection kind of thing or an audiofuel-tastic hub?
  • What? me no understand digital lies it a analog PSU with OV and OA protection max o/p on each USB is 4Amps. Total 16 Amps oh and lights on the front  >:)
  • edited November 2022
    cj66 said:
    Curious.

Is this to be a power-injection kind of thing or an audiofuel-tastic hub?
    It is going to power both sides of the Allo Digione Signature, plus the SMSL DAC. I bought the M300/2 partly because it has an outboard PSU, which can be swapped for a decent one. 

Port 4? I may plug the dog into it if he barks through the quiet bits :):smile:.

Then I can move the current (good pun that!) LPSU or the iFi PSU to the LMS RPi 4 to see if they make any sonic difference. Everything gets swapped around in UglyMusic Towers :). Otherwise, there are enough RPis around this place to find a home for them.

• AntiCrap said:
    Uncle Dave the PSU is now being made, what colour do you want? Black, Silver Bright Blue even yuk Yellow??
    Black (because it'll be unobtrusive) or Bright Blue (because the DAC is red and why should hi-fi be in boring colours?)? Or Silver (to almost match the monoblocks)?

Just so many damned choices!
  • Bright blue, please, Col! Let's not mess about  :)
  • uglymusic said:
    Bright blue, please, Col! Let's not mess about  :)
    Oh I ordered a bright yuk yellow now  >:) kidding
  • AntiCrap said:
    uglymusic said:
    Bright blue, please, Col! Let's not mess about  :)
    Oh I ordered a bright yuk yellow now  >:) kidding
    Do you know how many large framed photographs of the yuk-yellow PSU are going to find their way into your shed and library?  B) You'll need the sunglasses  :)
  • How about clear with a chuffing great violet LED lighting up the whole thing....the essence of good taste  >:)
  • cj66 said:
    How about clear with a chuffing great violet LED lighting up the whole thing....the essence of good taste  >:)
    Are you sure?
  • Sound cool to me and the UV from the light will give you a sun tan/cancel/dot before you eyes.
  • Gaffer tape already applied  B)
  • edited December 2022

I thought I remembered something on these lines...

A Cmoy built immaculately PTP and set in resin with a calm LED inside.
    Quite funky B)

• cj66 said:

I thought I remembered something on these lines...

A Cmoy built immaculately PTP and set in resin with a calm LED inside.
    Quite funky B)

I love it can it make ice cream to?

• Did someone mention ice cream? Strawberry, please!