All things must come to pass

Realizing that I have not listened to my "main" bit of kit since my last post here, and lots of time prior to, let alone the other 4amps, five sets of speakers ,cd players, 500+ LPs, etc, etc I have decided its time it all went. I have been on the brink before and never found the courage. Now with it all catalogued and accounted for with the help of my son, I have to say I feel somewhat relieved. eBay here I come! Most of what I listen to now is either via amazon echo or YouTube and I enjoy it enough not to worry about whatever it is I am missing, cant believe I said that but even now life seems good and I still enjoy the music that I listen to!

Comments

• Hi there. 
    Very sorry to hear that you are going to sale all your hifi but if you are happy with listening through other ways and are enjoying the music still that's good. 
    May I ask what items you are going to be selling? 

• No problem, early lp12 pre cirkus, longdog mm phono, goldring 1042, at paratrace, owned from new as are all the following. roksan kandy mk111 amp, kandy mk111 cd, mission cyrus 1 plastic case, rega mira, rogers a75,, nad cd 520, dynaudio audiance 62, nva cubetts, arcam 2 mission 720, as for the albums mostley purchased in the 60/70/80s origional pressings I believe. a nva ap30 purchased s/h from a man of this parish. Nva cables interconnectors and more .All of the things I purchased new have original box, packaging etc.
  • Sorry to hear you're going to sell all your gear, Ron.
    But, you're not the only person I know who has given up on this expensive, fiddly and space-consuming hobby. One of my close friends has gone all Google speakers so that he and his wife can just talk to them to get music - and some other stuff as well, I believe. Is there anything else but music? o:)
    Don't forget to let us know what you've been listening to via Echo and YouTube, though. You don't need to have hi-fi to post here, of course.
  • Thanks Dave, it was a no brainer in the end although I had fought it off a few times in the past. Once my son help me sort it all I began to realize how wasteful it was having all these boxes sitting around and rarely being used. It has been a long journey for me, I started in the mid 60s and have enjoyed most of it! so I consider myself lucky. I have allways loved music and continue to do so and just because the stuffs gone I will still visit here.