High End Audio isn't as expensive as you may think!

Comments

• Some I did are much older, there is in S.O.S. a 12W Class A that I made in 1970 and still driving speakers. It has never been switched off.
  • Just got my hands on an Inca designs, id25, best amp I’ve heard in my system!
  • nsandy said:
    Just got my hands on an Inca designs, id25, best amp I’ve heard in my system!
    Poor devil I feel for you, now you are in trouble, next it will be a ID50 then the ID75 then your hunt down a TOCA 300 , help the poor sod Dave give him some of your >:) pills. 
  • Nigel, you have SECA sickness :)
  • nsandy said:
    That was my first Wonfor amp.
    Nice piece.👍
  • AntiCrap said:
    nsandy said:
    Poor devil I feel for you, now you are in trouble, next it will be a ID50 then the ID75 then your hunt down a TOCA 300 , help the poor sod Dave give him some of your >:) pills. 
    Hard to imagine how much better things can get, I’ll start with getting this serviced and maybe upgraded??
  • uglymusic said:
    Nigel, you have SECA sickness :)
    I’m guessing the symptoms are a warm smugness!
  • nsandy said:
    uglymusic said:
    Oh no it will not allow you listen to other Naimed amps, because the bass take over the brain.
  • nsandy said:
    AntiCrap said:
    nsandy said:
    Hard to imagine how much better things can get, I’ll start with getting this serviced and maybe upgraded??
    Post pic of inside I check what level it is at, Quickie has upgraded a few and a great job he does. I can but to be honest my soldering days are fading away, oh who is that guy that runs chew is it Fred or John yep got Dave he he, I am dead sorry Dave.
  • Another Inca Tech Claymore came to day to upgrade it only 38yrs old, a mere babe.
  • AntiCrap said:
    nsandy said:
    AntiCrap said:
    nsandy said:
    Post pic of inside I check what level it is at, Quickie has upgraded a few and a great job he does. I can but to be honest my soldering days are fading away, oh who is that guy that runs chew is it Fred or John yep got Dave he he, I am dead sorry Dave.
    Thanks, will do, difficult to switch it off at the moment, that lovely feeling of hearing your records in a new, improved light 😊😊
  • nsandy said:
    uglymusic said:

I couldn't possibly comment B)
  • AntiCrap said:
    nsandy said:
    uglymusic said:
    Oh no it will not allow you listen to other Naimed amps, because the bass take over the brain.

It's best not to listen to even Unnaimed amps. Many have reported distressing symptoms :)
  • AntiCrap said:
    nsandy said:
    AntiCrap said:
    nsandy said:

I know nothing about soldering. We never got around to you teaching me to iron (or whatever it's called).
  • AntiCrap said:
    Another Inca Tech Claymore came to day to upgrade it only 38yrs old, a mere babe.

My stuff is only in the womb, by that calculation :s
  • I'm still scratching my head whether this thread has suffered epic drift or not! :)
  • It has let get back to over priced over here kit in fancy packages.
  • Fancy packages are fine if that's what you want to spend your money on and/or show off to your less-informed friends, I guess.
  • AntiCrap said:
    nsandy said:
    AntiCrap said:
    nsandy said:

AntiCrap said:
    nsandy said:
    AntiCrap said:
    nsandy said:

AntiCrap said:
    nsandy said:
    AntiCrap said:
    nsandy said:

Can’t work out how to post a picture from my phone onto this thread, but I have it as my avatar now, not sure if you can get that full size?? 🤞

AntiCrap said:
    nsandy said:
    AntiCrap said:
    nsandy said:

• AntiCrap said:
    nsandy said:
    AntiCrap said:
    nsandy said:
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/195890760@N08/v7FjM8
  • I wondered if that one would get any bids. 

You got a bargain there  :)
  • That can be upgrade with new FET,s and some caps, it would sound amazing I did one a few month ago for Saul.
    If Paul does for you get him to call me about upgrade info.
  • Definitely a bargain Paul!!
    Thanks for advice Colin, much appreciated!!
  • Better Call Saul! :)