At last, decent quality internet streaming!

A little breakthrough, today. I signed up for a trial Qobuz account. I've never tried them before.

I've been using Tidal for the past few weeks, but there's always a problem, stopping me from getting anything approaching the SQ I get from streaming my local files from the Syno. Basically, I don't have a Tidal Connect-compatible streamer, and the Tidal plugin for Logitech Media Server doesn't work. So I've had to stream via my phone over Airplay. While not as bad as Bluetooth, Airplay doesn't cut it for streaming to the main system.

Last week, I noticed that the Qobuz plugin for LMS looked as if it may work. So, today, I'm sitting in front of the big rig, streaming high-res files from Qobuz via LMS. It sounds pretty good. I suspect it's still not as good as my own files, but I'm having a good time listening.

I'll get round to doing so A/B comparisons eventually. I'll report back then.

Comments

• The music selection is good, too. And plenty in straightforward high res. None of that MQA shenanigans. 
  • Initial A/B comparisons between my local files and Qobuz files, both through LMS, are that they sound surprisingly similar. I say 'surprisingly' because I've never felt that streaming from the internet was much cop.

The only difference so far is a little less space and atmosphere from Qobuz, but not so that you'd notice if you didn't have a local comparison to run up the flagpole.

I think I'm heading for subscribing once my free month is up.