Browser resolution

As a bolt-on to my hifi I have an InFocus 1080p projector that I use for watching movies and sport (usually rugby).
I use my Windows laptop as the source, just as I do for music.
When watching movies on either Netflix or Amazon I use their respective apps. No problem. Picture quality always good and 1080p.
When I watch sport it's usually on BBC or ITV. So I stream from their websites using a browser. I'm not very adventurous. I have only Edge and Chrome.
Many years ago I read that Edge streams in "full HD" (1080p) whereas Chrome was only 720p (something to do with Microsoft's Edge being more secure (i.e. anti-piracy) on a Microsoft machine). It maybe that this was never correct. But nowadays I am sure that it is definitely incorrect.
I sat down to watch the Wales v France 6 Nations game on Friday night and accessed the BBC stream on the BBC website using Edge. The video was clearly not 1080p (probably 720p). So I switched to Chrome, and bingo. Crystal clear 1080p stream.
Any idea or info?
It's not a big deal. Chrome was perfectly fine, so I'm not looking for recommendations for alternative browsers. I'm just wonderin' whether there are any video stream differences between browsers.

Comments

• There is a highly technical reason to explain what you are experiencing.

I have quoted the report below...

MS Edge is shyte ;)
  • I'm sorry, I haven't a clue (maybe I could use that as a name for a panel show?).
  • Isn't MS Edge based on Chromium, which is what Chrome is based on? Or is Edge just based on Chrome?
  • cj66 said:
    There is a highly technical reason to explain what you are experiencing.

I have quoted the report below...

MS Edge is shyte ;)
    Took a while to digest that data.