New Cable coming from EWA and ABCaudio

Having now spent a year or two on a new cable design we will soon be ready to present it to the world.
What makes it special, well ten times more cross sectional area of ultra pure copper conductor , thinner individual conductors and separated insulation on each small conductor i.e. Litz wire this allow better dynamic damping control if the power amplifier can do that, but on the poorer DF amp it will allow it to work to it best abilities.
Much more flexible, a new doping material in the plastic insulator and larger granular matrix. This improves the CML and reduce external interference giving the user a much cleaner sound without added modulation added to the music.
The production cost has become more expensive and very expensive tooling needed, but for a short while as we have made a lot more than the normal length this cost will not effect you the user.
We are also hoping to get some reviews in the standard non biased and corrupted Hi-Fi press ( yes we hear you say good luck with that ) one can hope.
So watch this space and the ABCaudio web pages [a href="https://www.abcaudio.biz/"]link[/a]
Oh the colour has changed not so black but deep brown due to the compound mix.
Thanks to Alan Brown for all the running about he has done to get this product up and running, Thanks Alan

Comments

• Fantastic.
    You sound excited.
    And good work Mr. Brown. 👍
  • Allo peeps!

Colin's new cable has proved a bit tricky, in the sense of trying to work out what to do with it. It is a definite improvement on what we already sell, but you need to listen side by side to get that, and there was nothing lacking beforehand, that is for sure.

So would we pay double the manufacturing costs in order to construct new products, and keep the old as a parallel range? I am more inclined to simply keep the ranges as they are, and quietly improve what we supply (which is why I am posting about it publicly on a forum, obvs).

So with Colin's agreement that is what was decided. Already LS-25, 40 & 80 are revised, everything else stays as it is (the changes only apply to speaker cable). So no 'new' cables, not just yet anyway.

Also, we are keeping the prices as low as possible, as times are hard enough. One advantage of not being a big company. We now have an all UK supply chain to complement our UK manufacturing, it has taken six months to set up but it feels like a good idea. Simply everything that involves import or export is a real pain now.

• Long live Brexit, can we go back to the EU please Horis, sorry Boris.
  • Sounds good.
  • Alan said:
    Allo peeps!

Colin's new cable has proved a bit tricky, in the sense of trying to work out what to do with it. It is a definite improvement on what we already sell, but you need to listen side by side to get that, and there was nothing lacking beforehand, that is for sure.

So would we pay double the manufacturing costs in order to construct new products, and keep the old as a parallel range? I am more inclined to simply keep the ranges as they are, and quietly improve what we supply (which is why I am posting about it publicly on a forum, obvs).

So with Colin's agreement that is what was decided. Already LS-25, 40 & 80 are revised, everything else stays as it is (the changes only apply to speaker cable). So no 'new' cables, not just yet anyway.

Also, we are keeping the prices as low as possible, as times are hard enough. One advantage of not being a big company. We now have an all UK supply chain to complement our UK manufacturing, it has taken six months to set up but it feels like a good idea. Simply everything that involves import or export is a real pain now.

Sounds like you've been thinking hard about what's best. Given the various circumstances.
    I am yet to hear the new ranges, but doubtless they are ridiculously good!
  • Hi Ben

I hope you are still DIYing and building speakers? I see you art from time to time on social media, it looks fantastic!

The thing with Col is, as you know, he never stops. All his gear is good, but he always has another fresh idea.

There are some cables available for demo should you or anyone else want to hear them, just give me a shout (best contact me at the webshop though as I get no notifications of messages).