Is everyone on holiday?

Er, that's about it!

Comments

• I need a holiday... 
  • Same here! At least we got away to see my wife's family in Cornwall in June. Seems a long time ago, though.
  • Yes!
    Kent. :-)
  • edited August 2021
    Kent? That's only the second county over from where I am.
    Whereabouts?
    Are you having a good time?
  • Ben, don't fall off into the channel!
  • It’s dangerous in Kent. 
  • Came close at the beach yesterday.
    Today Canterbury, so hopefully safer.
  • Hmmm, not read Canterbury Tales then :s
  • Dover castle and the WW2 cliff tunnels, and the Hythe Train and boating on the canal and the sands at , oh heck sorry my family came from Kent, my Nan lived in Hythe and I loved going there by bike, for Basildon , Yes Dave I was thin,light,young, and better looking then, you have watch Dave he can be so cruel he he B)
  • I had a trip on the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch model railway(!) from Dungeness about three years ago. Weird!
  • cj66 said:
    Hmmm, not read Canterbury Tales then :s
    I think I studied the Pardoner's Tale at A-level...?
    I remember nothing about it, except that I enjoyed it more than I was expecting!
  • AntiCrap said:
    Dover castle and the WW2 cliff tunnels, and the Hythe Train and boating on the canal and the sands at , oh heck sorry my family came from Kent, my Nan lived in Hythe and I loved going there by bike, for Basildon , Yes Dave I was thin,light,young, and better looking then, you have watch Dave he can be so cruel he he B)
    The part in which we were staying (just to the west of Ashford) is a really pretty.
    Had a great time!
  • uglymusic said:
    I had a trip on the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch model railway(!) from Dungeness about three years ago. Weird!
    Must be something about Kent and trains... We took a trip on the Kent and East Sussex steam train on Friday!
  • Docfoster said:
    uglymusic said:
    I had a trip on the Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch model railway(!) from Dungeness about three years ago. Weird!
    Must be something about Kent and trains... We took a trip on the Kent and East Sussex steam train on Friday!

Whoop! Whoop!
  • Well in the Kent coal mine, they got a dark brown coal, which was said to produce more power from the steam engines, so maybe Kent lets of more steam than most.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Coalfield#:~:text=The%20Kent%20Coalfield%20was%20a,the%20English%20county%20of%20Kent.&text=Extensive%20plans%20had%20been%20drawn,maximum%20output%20reached%20in%201936.

And do note the channel tunnel started in 1890 by the UK government  took ages just to do the paper work. And to see who got the best back handers.