Confirm email address

edited April 2014 in Audio Chews
I'm still getting the 'you need to confirm your email address' message even though I've done it about 3 time. Any ideas?

Also has anyone thought about setting up the forum to work with TapaTalk?

Comments

• Hmmm.
    *This* is a Dave job.
    If he doesn't appear soon i'll have a tinker. :-/ Prepare for the site to go down...
  • I've taken a look using my moderator powers, and I can't see anything that I can change that would affect email or photo settings for any members.
    Dave should be along presently to sort things and to answer questions about TapaTalk. :-)
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • No worries, doesn't massively bother me just felt odd that it's still appearing.

The TapaTalk thing would just be handy as I use it when out and about on my iPhone...I flick between HFS, AOS, WAM and now here along with Saab, Bicycle and Design forums...jeez I'm addicted to forums.
  • Had that ever since I've been here.
  • James: What is TapaTalk? 

What will it do for us?

I don't know why you're getting those messages.

Is anyone else getting them?

The photo issue is probably something entirely unconnected. Photos don't work the same here as on other forums. Have you read the posts that explain how to post photos here?

• OK. I've just looked up TapaTalk.

I'll look into how it can work with Vanilla, but I won't have any time until next weekend.

Please bear with me.
  • Mark I get that sometimes.
    But not from I.E. windows thing.
    I also often can't get photo but so I guess and dream of redheads.
  • I have received an email from audio chews, tried to reply, message back from Google that the server maintaining the site is permanently down, still getting message that I need to confirm email address!

Can you check your Inbox. I've sent you a PM.
  • No worries James

Things only get fixed or improved if people tell me what's not working, or there's something that doesn't behave as they expect.

Chews is strictly a hobby for me (and Ben, for that matter), so fixes and stuff may be a bit slow in coming sometimes, but that's the way it is. 

TapaTalk looks interesting, so I'll look into how it works with Vanilla. It's in the list of supported forums, so I don't anticipate any problems.

I need to read the site before I do anything, though.
  • Oh, and can you forward me those e-mails, please?

I haven't the foggiest why they're going out, but I can have a look on the Vanilla support forum to see if anyone has a fix.
  • I've sent you the verify email email, which seems to work fine.

From a quick google last night, I think it's to do with user permissions.
  • OK. It may be. 

Thanks for looking.
  • I joined today and I get the notice every time I log on. The second time it appeared, I clicked it again and it just repeats the exercise.
  • i get it too... on laptop and mobile. only a nuisance on latter as blocks the comment posting button.
  • i get it too... on laptop and mobile. only a nuisance on latter as blocks the comment posting button.
    Eek. That sure is an issue... :-/
  • I'm not sure I understand what's happening.

I thought we were talking about an e-mail asking for confirmation.

This sounds like a pop-up.

Is this what we're talking about?
  • Correct.

It's a little pop up saying "you need to confirm your email address. Click here to resend the confirmation email."
  • Thanks James

I'm up to speed now. Having never seen one, I was completely in the dark.

I've had a fiddle with Vanilla.
  • Anyone seeing the pesky popups today?
  • Yeah still there for me, I've tried logging off and back on and clearing cache but still there.

I believe it's down to what permission we're granted once we confirm email address.
  • Me too!
  • OK. Thanks guys.

I'll have another look.
  • A big new update to Vanilla has been launched just a few days ago.

I'll need some time to test and install that, but I hope that may solve the problems. 
  • Thanks Dave. :-)
  • OK. Seems the e-mail nagging issue has been solved with the update.

Once the update has properly bedded in, I'll look into TapaTalk.
This discussion has been closed.