Save The Stereo

edited February 2014 in Blog
Gordon White (hopefully not a relative of Walter White ;-) ) has started the Save The Stereo project as a response all the 'Stereo is Dead' articles.

There's also a Facebook page for those who FB.

Why not give it your support?

Comments

• Liked the facebook page
  • Stereo done right is more "surround sound" than any surround sound system (unless you're trying something nuts like 6x Yamaha NS1000s!).
  • There's always some idiot writing complete tosh for personal agenda about the death of stereo, and a bandwagon full of people and companies with vested interests who'll take advantage and perpetrate the hype further to the gullible masses who are largely uninterested in hifi and more interested in  "tech".  Best just to ignore them, but no harm in "liking" the facebook page to show support for common sense.  I remember all the "LP is dead"  nonsense 30 years ago, and that's not about to happen any time soon.
  • edited March 2014
    There's always some idiot writing complete tosh for personal agenda about the death of stereo, and a bandwagon full of people and companies with vested interests who'll take advantage and perpetrate the hype further to the gullible masses who are largely uninterested in hifi and more interested in  "tech".  Best just to ignore them, but no harm in "liking" the facebook page to show support for common sense.  I remember all the "LP is dead"  nonsense 30 years ago, and that's not about to happen any time soon.
    Paul a bad day ?
    I read some of it it was a cry for help and I understand that, to many big fantastic ideas from Philips etc to Ivor saying CD was the best, what crap, then the digital lies started controlled be BIT counters. Analog with more people hearing it will come back, it has, my friend has a recording studio and he was a digital man, today he informed me he is going back to the analog , why he says it sounds better. I believe he is right and my thoughts have never changed.
    So lets give it a try this new Save The Stereo project.  
    Yomanze, try "One Night in Paris" in stereo, if the bike and bell go behind you head why do we need surround sound digitally lied ? 

• A bad day Col...soz, didn't mean it to sound like I was having a pop at the save the stereo campaign (quite the opposite) but was having a pop at the articles which keep popping up saying that 2-ch is dead.  Truth is that multi-channel AV hasn't taken over the way some industries had hoped for and real growth has been in 2-ch portable music systems, irrespective of format. LP will always be a die-hard medium for those with large collections or a niche for the younger who buy into it due to the positive promotion of those in industry such as Jack White and other similar minded musicians.  The more the merrier.

This whole format war has become rather tedious (CD Vs LP) because a decent CD played on a decent CD player produces a bit perfect analogue sine wave to within 0.01% of the original as laid down in the studio.  It's down to the mastering and the CDP as to whether it can sound as good as and better than LP (I have many that better LPs by a large margin).  LP is still my favoured format though for a majority of my personal collection.

It's about time we all stopped trying to destroy the reputation of available high quality formats as we're only shooting ourselves in the foot. This isn't about formats though, it's about 2-Ch...long may it survive.
  • Your right, but perfect sin waves are not music yet
  • Chaps. Aren't we trying to save the stereo, rather than get caught up in format squabbling?

BTW, which one of you is the People's Front of Judea? :-)

BTW2. I'm now a completely analogue-free zone, so I'm even more biased than before. Col has taken my Gyro off my hands ;-)
  • Chaps. Aren't we trying to save the stereo, rather than get caught up in format squabbling?

BTW2. I'm now a completely analogue-free zone, so I'm even more biased than before. Col has taken my Gyro off my hands ;-)
    The Gyro has gone to loving caring home in flooded Somerset thanks Dave I will stroke it and love it.

Re-read my last sentence Dave ;-)

People's front of Judea?  That's so last week. I'm with the Popular front of Judea.