Tellurium Q Iridium power amp review on Hifi Pig

Comments

• Nice Review
  • It's big, it's hot and ....
    http://hifipig.com/tellurium-q-iridium-power-amplifier/#more-8693
    How much do I envy you having time with the Iridium? Just an afternoon with the beast blew me away.

That's why I keep going on about it here.

But the Green Goddess does most of the fantastic things the Iridium does, but without that wonderful foundation-shaking bass.
  • Yep, I'm really conscious of spouting the old clichés but I really am trying to work out what I have to flog to fund buying this! Perhaps i'll take myself down the old port of Lorient and see if I can raise a euro or two.
    Last time I went I raised €20 and 20 cents. When I got back home Mrs Hifi PIg asked me who'd given me 20 cents....all of them i responded.
    boomtishi'llgetmecoat :-)
    Got a Class D Dutch amp in for review along with its matching valve pre...looks the business and when I had a very brief listen (in less than ideal conditions) at Munich it sounded great.....what this space.
  • Stu, 
    Should stick to cooking, lovely grub mmmm please. 
    [-O<
  • Yep, I'm really conscious of spouting the old clichés but I really am trying to work out what I have to flog to fund buying this! Perhaps i'll take myself down the old port of Lorient and see if I can raise a euro or two.
    Last time I went I raised €20 and 20 cents. When I got back home Mrs Hifi PIg asked me who'd given me 20 cents....all of them i responded.
    boomtishi'llgetmecoat :-)
    Got a Class D Dutch amp in for review along with its matching valve pre...looks the business and when I had a very brief listen (in less than ideal conditions) at Munich it sounded great.....what this space.
    Sell the kids :-D
  • I tried that he sent the eldest to Scotland to hide, he was good at washing up.  :-\"
  • The way I look at it is I've gone to the effort to breed so why should I wash up ever again....bugger, they'll both sod off eventually.

Note to self...buy dishwasher!

• Nice review Stu. I've not read a bad word about this amp across a few different reviews now - the fact that it doubles as a heater could offset the cost of one during the winter months  :D
  • Mine does keep my coffee warm. And it gives it that valve feeling mmmm warm  >:)
  • I've got mine hung out of the window at the moment :-D
  • I wish I had:
    1. a bigger SECA
    2. more time to listen
    3. permission to sell some of my kids...

Great review Stu. I feel your pain! It's a good pain. ;)

Given your unusual gear, I had wondered how the Iridium would stack up, as I'm not familiar with any of your kit. Glad that it has shone through (and confirmed that I wasn't barking up the wrong tree with my view of Col's SECA work).

I think Col said it was OK for me to collect the amp from you, and deliver it back to Somersert. I'll make the arrangements with you later - no reason to bother TQ HQ about it! :) :) :)

• I was lucky enough to "borrow" this beast for one of my rooms at whittlebury (well longdog audio's room actually), I listened for a few days at home prior to that, it's a strange feeling when familiar music you thought you knew inside out suddenly takes on a new lease of life, the amp will be sadly missed!
  • Oh dear. You've got SECA-itis, too. :-)