Another site

edited July 2013 in Off-topic

Comments

• edited July 2013
    There were some interesting exchanges this morning between Richard Dunn and Jason, who it seemed had retained admin privileges at the site. Jason removed the rights of RD and the other moderators so that he could reply to recent allegations made against him without fear of the posts being deleted.
    RD was not best pleased with this turn events.
    It appears that RD took the whole site down at around 1pm.
  • edited July 2013

• Yes.
    The temporary loss of access to the direct communing with objective truth that many of the posters there can achieve is something that makes all our lives a little poorer.
    We can only hope that the haitus is short lived.
  • I missed most of it as we have family over from Canada, 
  • Despite Jason no longer being officially the admin at HFS it appears that his account had never been deactivated by RD and the new admin there.
    This morning Jason logged in conventionally to his account and suspended everyone else's privileges. He promised to return everything to normal on Monday after he felt he had made his points.
    Jason gave his views on the transformers on his TSS, the conception and development of the TFS, his business relationship with RD, the end of his relationship with RD, and RD's allegations of Jason being a hacker.
    Jason appeared determined to put his side across, but whilst moderating ad-hominem, invited and engaged with responses from RD.
    RD was clearly upset and claimed to have called the police. RD reported that Jason had given his word not to do anything like this and accused Jason of hacking the forum. Jason pointed out that he had not "hacked" anything (merely logged on) and said he felt justified in taking the action following what he called 'lies', 'deceit' and 'libel' against him on HFS in recent months.
    Unable to remove Jason or his posts it appears that RD or the current admin took down the whole site at around 1pm.
  • edited July 2013

• Hifi used to be such a calm hobby, I rather like the drama though!
  • Guiltily, I agree.
  • Also, Jason is a friend so I felt I should give him a bit of support.
    Mind you, very sad for all concerned that things reached this point.
  • Well, what a fun day today has been :)

Just got back from our village fete at which there was a large Ukelele band playing golden oldies out in the sun with everyone singing along, as well as all the usual quaint old church fete things going on.
    Felt like we were in an episode of Larkrise to Candleford.... :D

Ben I appreciated your support  earlier, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

The highlight for me was Richard trying to convince us that exactly the same amp but in a different case sounds significantly better. Frankly he got caught with his pants down and had nothing legitimate to say about it. Any credibility he may have had as a man of integrity very quickly vanished at that point.

And then, just like in 'A Few Good Men' he couldn't handle the Truth and shut down the forum.
    As I said on HFS, unlike Richard, I have nothing to hide and will answer to any of my actions or anything I have said.

James, don't worry about missing it. I have kept the transcripts and will prepare a summary for our future amusement, and especially for when Richard starts preaching his "I'm the only honest man in hifi hypocrisies"

• Crikey and all in the week Dave's away...!
  • edited July 2013

• No. The stars are in alignment.
  • Oh I thought it was the "Planets" 
  • Something up there Col'...
  • edited July 2013
    What a wonderful weekend. The sun is shining, eldest son gets the summer job he was after, then he gets accepted at Edinburgh Uni...then last night I went to see Neil Young who was fabulous.

• edited July 2013
    Jason, If I could offer you some advice, having crossed swords with RD on my own site in the past.

Deal with whatever needs attending to ASAP - then delete all links, references and memory of RD from your computer and mind.

Cut the chords and move on.
    It's the most efficient way to deal with someone where it's proven impossible to have a reasoned exchange and where things turn nasty.

He'll attempt to embroil you in continuing online wrangling because that's the fuel he and his 'forum' require to exist.

Doc, I hope these comments aren't too outside the AUP. No issue for me if you want to nuke the post :)

Best,
  • Jason, If I could offer you some advice, having crossed swords with RD on my own site in the past.

Deal with whatever needs attending to ASAP - then delete all links, references and memory of RD from your computer and mind.

Cut the chords and move on.
    It's the most efficient way to deal with someone where it's proven impossible to have a reasoned exchange and where things turn nasty.

He'll attempt to embroil you in continuing online wrangling because that's the fuel he and his 'forum' require to exist.

Doc, I hope these comments aren't too outside the AUP. No issue for me if you want to nuke the post :)

Best,
    Rob, I agree 100% with your sentiments.
    Also, I believe that Jason is engaged in this process.

• What a wonderful weekend. The sun is shining, eldest son gets the summer job he was after, then he gets accepted at Edinburgh Uni...then last night I went to see Neil Young who was fabulous.

That's more like it.
  • With the moment now past, I'm going to close the thread.
    Dave may choose to reopen on his return.
  • OK. I'm back now.

I'm just reopening this thread to have my say and it will then get closed again - Admin's privileges :-)

What's been said has been said, but as I'm in total agreement @RobHolt about cutting contact and ignoring RD and his minions, and there's the small matter of forum rules as well, I would have shut down the thread earlier or even deleted it by now.

But it's all out there in public, so there's no point in deleting the thread at this stage and pretending it doesn't exist. There is a forum that does that, but it isn't this one ;-)
This discussion has been closed.