Logitech, er, Lyrion Music Server

edited April 20 in Digital
The tab at the top of my web browser tells me I'm running Lyrion Music Server, but open up its innards and it still says Logitech Media Server all over the place (I'm on 8.5.1, if you're interested).
The story is that Logitech has finally cut its support for the project and it's been rebranded. LMS, as it will be known, is now at https://lyrion.org/, where they're still showing Logitech Media Server's decades-old user interface, rather than the rather nice one from the Material plugin. That'll get loads of new users, then!
Maybe we'll see Material absorbed into LMS 9. I'm sure there's an answer to that somewhere in the forums at slimdevices.com(!), but I confess, I haven't looked.

Comments

• Interesting Dave. Just looks identical to LMS.
    Yes they buggered up my server playing Qobuz in Feb when Squeezelite no longer worked with LMS. But can use my Sonore end-point/streamer to stream Qobuz direct with Mconnect app on my phone. No great loss as Qobuz is a step up on the stored server files with fantastic selection of music to play from especially numerous new releases.
  • It is exactly the same. Logitech for years supported the open source project, and it kept their branding. 

The project continues to be open source, but without the support from Logitech. They quite rightly removed Logitech's branding (or, perhaps Logitech wanted it removed, I haven't read up on the exact circumstances).

Funnily enough, I had problems with the Qobuz plugin earlier today, but I just checked and it's working again.