recommendations

With the majority of my stuff gone I know spend my time on you tube and amazon echco, so far I can't find anything new I like enough to listen to twice. Keep harking back to those that I had /heard before. So, here is the question..
Recommend me 1 Track in the following that might get me going.

Rock
Country
Jazz
Prog
New

Comments

• PS. I promise to to listen to your recommendations and report back.
  • What a question!

It's like thinking of Desert Island Discs  :s 

Leave it with me...
  • edited October 2022
    Here you go:

Rock: Talking Heads - Cities
    Country: John Hiatt - We're All Right Now (it's about as country as I get)
    Jazz: (John Zorn's) Masada - Tzofeh
    Prog: King Crimson - Lark's Tongues in Aspic
    New: DoomCannon - Dark Ages

Happy listening!
  • Well so far, John Hiatt, country tinge for sure defiantly worth a second listen and possibly more albums. John Zorn, What can I say ,lost me sorry. Talking Heads and King Crimson I know well but a really nice revisit. Doom Canonnon next, thank you.
  • Ps, my wife considered me unstable when I played extrapolation John Mc laughlin, god knows what she would have thought if it was John Zorn. You are a lucky man and long may it be so. Personally I have not the least idea of what's going on in your head when you hear this. Good for you, and your wife( she's a gem)
  • I admit. I was a bit naughty with the Masada! But I'm glad you liked the others.

Strangely enough, I'm listening to the DoomCannon right now. I'm on Track 3.
  • On my second listen Doom Cannon now, will let you know.
  • I'm waiting...
  • Couldn't seem to find Dark Ages track so went with the tracks YouTube threw up, One From, Amalgamation and a couple of others. Defiantly something I will continue with. There is something about them that seems kind of familiar almost Mc laughlin/Cobham like? music for the right moment me thinks. Thanks for the heads up.
  • DoomCannon, like many of younger jazz musicians, is doing his own fusion of styles and influences. It's one of the reasons the album is on rotation here.
  • Something else in the same kind of bucket:

Antoine Berjeaut - Moving Cities

I think I'm liking it more than the DoomCannon.
  • Out of interest did you ever listen to Otis Blue?
  • No, I didn't. I'll see if I can find him on Qobuz.
  • I am a twit! I thought Otis Blue was an artiste, not an Otis Redding album.

It's lined up after Danilo Perez' Motherland, William Parker and The Little Huey Creative Music Orchestra's Mass for the Healing of the World and the Mark Turner Quartet's Yam Yam. I'll get there, I promise!
  • Wow that's some list.
  • I just queue them up in Logitech Media Server, so I don't have to stop what I'm doing and find something to play after an album ends.

If something doesn't match my mood, I just skip it.