Radio Paradise SQ

Not sure how many here listen to radio paradise but I do via a humble amazon echo, nowhere near hifi i know. However most of my recent time listening over several weeks has been my iPad, Late last night I went back to paradise via echo and soon realized something had changed, it sounded different, better? don't want to get all audiophile, how could anyone about an echo? Whilst there seemed to be less "top end" the rest, mids, bass (what there is) so much better and more enjoyable. listened for a good few hours. Just wonder is this my imagination or has something changed? Would be interested if anyone here using better gear hears the same and knows why? maybe it was just the bottle of shiraz we had that evening.

Comments

• The Shiraz would definitely upgrade any listening experience!

The sound quality is adjustable in RP, maybe you changed the setting without realising/remembering?
  • edited October 2022
    Was trying to link a screenshot image via mobile, gave up :(
    ( imgbb )
  • cj66 said:
    Was trying to link a screenshot image via mobile, gave up :(
    ( imgbb )
    I think it's easier (only possible?) via desktop.
  • edited October 2022
    Not sure how many here listen to radio paradise but I do via a humble amazon echo, nowhere near hifi i know. However most of my recent time listening over several weeks has been my iPad, Late last night I went back to paradise via echo and soon realized something had changed, it sounded different, better? don't want to get all audiophile, how could anyone about an echo? Whilst there seemed to be less "top end" the rest, mids, bass (what there is) so much better and more enjoyable. listened for a good few hours. Just wonder is this my imagination or has something changed? Would be interested if anyone here using better gear hears the same and knows why? maybe it was just the bottle of shiraz we had that evening.
    Really simple response: they are two different devices, so why wouldn't they sound different? 

Less simple response: as Chris says, RP has a range of different quality streams (I use the full-fat FLAC one via LMS, for example, because it sounds best). You should check that you're using the FLAC stream on both. Unless you want to conserve bandwidth because you're streaming via mobile. Then choose one of the MP3 options.

Now, pass the Shiraz  :)  B)
  • Thank you, consider the shiraz passed.