Hello

I am Martin from Malaysia.
I came across this site while searching to download Moode Player and learn how to use it.
I am using a RPi 4 with 4GB and Allo DAC attached to the RPi.
I love listening to music of Bach, particularly the Violin Partitas and Sonatas, the Cello Suites and the Piano works, to the music of Beethoven particularly the Piano Sonatas, Cello Sonatas, Violin Sonatas as well as to the music of Kodaly, Stravinsky and others.
I am using a Meridian CD player but especially the RPi 4 with LibreELEC as the player with Allo DAC and the sources playing through a Audio Research preamp, Audio Research power amp and Gallo loudspeakers.
Thank you.

Comments

• Welcome, Martin

Good to see you here.

I like MoOde a lot and have used it on my RPi 3/Allo Digione Signature. Have you managed to get it running?

I've wondered about the Allo DACs for one of my other systems. People say good things about them.

Weirdly enough, I'm just listening to Keith Jarrett's recording of Bach's French Suites on harpsichord. I'm a jazz fan, but I also love Bach and Stravinsky. I'd be interested to hear your recommendations.
  • Hello Martin,

I'm just a bit north of you in Thailand.

The HiFi seems a nice set up although I've never heard Gallo speakers.

I do enjoy classical music but favour either full orchestra, such as the Strauses, Korsikov etc. or chamber music.

I also prefer harpsichord to piano and love it used in modern music, such as...

I just found a list of well known songs that utilise harpsichord, most I already knew but there's a couple of extras there.

Keep on enjoying the music, whatever you choose.