Music in the garden - finally

My Logitech Media Server set-up has finally made its way into the garden. I bought all the parts last year but installing them was washed out by last year's awful summer.
I didn't bother to photograph the process because I think I remain the only LMS user on Chews. It was a case of setting up another Squeezelite instance in a weatherproof box and buying some cheap weatherproof speakers. But I'm happy to go into things in more depth if anyone is interested.

Comments

• Me, I just open the windows, patio doors and turn it up (considerate neighbours), or take my Ipad outside. Hope you are enjoying it!
  • Patio doors, we don't have. It's an older-style terraced house, with the garden door in the return.
    I haven't been enjoying it today :( It's been showers on and off all day. Maybe tomorrow.
  • As I feared, the small speakers have about zero bass. Must take the sub out :)
  • Great, sub in back garden on the right settings you may even find your own energy supply, mind you having said that I am not absolutely sure how fraking work's!
  • edited July 2022
    Hmmm, MARTY?!

• Maybe I should just leave it where it is!
  • uglymusic said:

My Logitech Media Server set-up has finally made its way into the garden. I bought all the parts last year but installing them was washed out by last year's awful summer.
    I didn't bother to photograph the process because I think I remain the only LMS user on Chews. It was a case of setting up another Squeezelite instance in a weatherproof box and buying some cheap weatherproof speakers. But I'm happy to go into things in more depth if anyone is interested.

Very snazzy Dave.👍
  • Docfoster said:
    uglymusic said:

Very snazzy Dave.👍
    Bathroom, soon  :)
  • uglymusic said:
    As I feared, the small speakers have about zero bass. Must take the sub out :)
    I'm either getting used to them, or the speakers or the electronics have got run in. They sound not quite as bad as before!
  • uglymusic said:
    uglymusic said:
    As I feared, the small speakers have about zero bass. Must take the sub out :)
    I'm either getting used to them, or the speakers or the electronics have got run in. They sound not quite as bad as before!
    I've often found that with sub-optimal kit, as the novelty of the sound wears off.
  • You may be right there.