Huge Little Feat Bargain

edited January 2014 in Music
One of the finest bands ever, IMHO. This box set is an outrageous bargain, and includes the superior extended version of 'Waiting for Columbus' (rather than my own standard one - pah), and the famous (and previously expensive) outtakes CD.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rad-Gumbo-Complete-Warner-1971-1990/dp/B00H87JYDM/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1390832748&sr=1-1&keywords=little+feat

Enjoy!

Comments

• Tempting!

I have five of the CDs already, but still very tempting!
  • I just went for it - what's not to like? I think Waiting for Columbus is possibly the best live rock album ever, I can't wait to hear the extended version, and all the pother gems.

Apparently the Feat were more or less backing band on several other recordings of the era, for other front-artists, that are considered to be amongst the best albums or the time. More research needed, I feel.
  • From memory, they were on one or two Robert Palmer albums - Pressure Drop-era stuff.
  • Yeh, fabulous band - very underrated these days, overall .
    I have the normal 'Waiting for Columbus' DLP and a Mobile Fidelty version, but I don't think the MF one was much superior - it was just a touch better in the treble . My personal favourite is 'Sailin Shoes' , 'Cat Fever' is as good a track as almost anything, to my taste .

Course I still have a soft spot for 'Frampton Comes Alive', if we're talking live albums ....