Flood Warnings

PACPAC
edited January 2014 in Blog
My thoughts are with anyone affected by this evenings floods.  I hope you keep dry feet and a dry house Ben in light of your proximity to the Severn, and if you need anything, you only have to call.

Comments

• Thanks mate.
    We have a "risk to life" warning hanging over us (that's the last one before the full "risk to rfc refurbed speakers" warning).
    The river's fallen over the course of the day, so things ok as long as we keep getting breaks in the storms for the river to exit. And as long as the highest peaks don't coincide with the bores.
    Thanks again Paul, genuinely touched.
  • Fuck Paul, i was so busy being overwhelmed i forgot to ask how things were with your water levels...?
  • Rising fast Ben but we have a few feet to go yet  :-O  I think we'll be ok touch wood.

I've already had to risk a bit breaking up a log jam with a raging torrent sweeping under me whilst hanging off a tree! It's normally a calm stream so to see 3 or 4 feet of water rushing by at many metres per second carrying small tree trunks is a little shocking.   I seem to have broken a bone in my hand with the acrobatics so was in hospital earlier, but all ok now (as well as can be!).  More worried about you and the other folks affected by the Severn.  fingers crossed for you (well on one hand anyway :D  ) that everything remains flood free.
  • Blimey Paul. Sounds like you've been through the mill.
    Glad you're back home. Take care of yourself.
    In the meantime...

• PACPAC
    edited January 2014
    Good heavens!  I drove along that river frontage last summer (Quimperle?) on my way through  when travelling towards Quimper (a beautiful town).
  • I was there only last month, on a warm sunny day. 
    Going back later this month, I hope the tide is out then.
  • Rising fast Ben but we have a few feet to go yet  :-O  I think we'll be ok touch wood.

At least you have two canoes stood upright in your lounge  :))
  • Thanks for your concern guys. Actually it's given me the opportunity to put on my pirate outfit and get out for a dip. My biggest fear has been Greenpeace turning up and trying to roll me back in the water assuming I've beached myself.
  • Actually we've been relatively ok...couple of inches in the cellar and a few power outages but nothing to moan about. The river over the road is in flood quite badly but nowhere as bad as Quimperlé and it would ned to rise a couple more m to really have a great affect on us. fortunately the hills at the back of us haven't decided to give up and try and move in with us as they did a couple of years ago.
    Hope all you guys are safe and keep yourselves so!!!
  • Still on dry land here.
    Funny how many chewers live in high risk flood areas.
    :-?
  • Thanks for your concern guys. Actually it's given me the opportunity to put on my pirate outfit and get out for a dip. My biggest fear has been Greenpeace turning up and trying to roll me back in the water assuming I've beached myself.
    "Stu felt deflated after failing to make it out of the first round of the 'Captain Jack Sparrow Look-a-Like competition'."
  • He has brought his bucket and spade and is waiting for the tide to go down so he can build sand castles.
    I am on my way Stu, I love playing with silicon mmm nice a FETish I have, no bipolar disorder for me.
  • Stay dry and safe Chewers.

Part of Littlehampton has a flood warning, but thankfully that's not where we are.
  • Flood has gone down across the road - funny how flood plains work when people don't build houses on them!
    More rain and thunder etc due tonight.
    Be safe people.
  • It is here now.
  • It's all a bit "Comfortably Numb" here in that it's coming through in waves!
  • It's a bit quieter here on the Sarf Coast tonight.
  • We have a new river just outside the front door, collecting the new boat later today.

• Col's buying one of these:

• OK it is a bit small, I want Tri-Hauled boat. With a Water Cooled A Class.