Audiophiles Luring Youngsters into Boring conversations

Comments

• That's 'Vinyl Users Luring...', I think you'll find when you read the piece carefully, Stu :-)
  • You are making no friends with that attitude Mr R!
    Did I mention I'm trying computer audio/streaming ...again :-)
  • Try doing it right this time, Stu... ;) No reason why streaming shouldn't be near as damnit the same as vinyl.

I am planning a little dalliance with vinyl next year, just for fun.
  • The computer thing is more for fun and to document my "successes" :-)
    I will be doing it as right as I can ...
  • PACPAC
    edited November 2013
    I was tempted to try streaming until I was informed of the latest software nightmares affecting was it sonus?

Not for me as software glitches seem to abound with some of the latest releases anyway (according to one of my suppliers).  I'd rather have my CD collection.  The only thing puzzling me is why sometimes that the same album from hard disc sounds better than from the CD when it's the same thing that's been ripped, stored and played back!  I only have my high-res portable player to do this with but the principle's the same.  I can only assume it's the absence of the CD drive meaning one less source of possible distortion/jitter but if you believe what you read, there oughtn't to be any problems associated with jitter from CDP drives these days as the DACs should sort that out.  Whatever...differences seem to sometimes exist.

• Lovin' that one Stu. In fact, I logged just now to share it myself. Ya beat me to it. :-D
  • I was tempted to try streaming until I was informed of the latest software nightmares affecting was it sonus?

Not for me as software glitches seem to abound with some of the latest releases anyway (according to one of my suppliers).  I'd rather have my CD collection.  The only thing puzzling me is why sometimes that the same album from hard disc sounds better than from the CD when it's the same thing that's been ripped, stored and played back!  I only have my high-res portable player to do this with but the principle's the same.  I can only assume it's the absence of the CD drive meaning one less source of possible distortion/jitter but if you believe what you read, there oughtn't to be any problems associated with jitter from CDP drives these days as the DACs should sort that out.  Whatever...differences seem to sometimes exist.

Paul, I am assuming that you aware of the acute irony of your quoted post in the context of the OP of this thread.