F1 2013

DanDan
edited July 2013 in Blog
I have been informed that there are now at least 3 of us on chews who have an interest in F1.
So as Alan has just mentioned to me 'maybe its time for an F1thread?'

S ive taken the liberty to do just that.

Today is Hungary with Lewis sat on pole and the ever dominant Seb beside him on the feont row

As the track temp is going to be bordering on 50 degrees I fear Merc will have a tough job not frying the tyres, I think it may well be a three stopper. Also thrown into the mix for today is the higher pitlandnspeed which will now be 80kph, so to not fall into traffic or to jump a potential position it looks like cars are going to have to stay out for another 3-4 laps and make the times count.

Could be an extremely exciting and interesting race today, over taking is not that easy in Hungary either!

Comments

• R Brawn said that any team that could make 2 stops work would have the advantage (in as many words) - I wonder who'd take such a chance, given the Silverstone race, and the 50 C tract temp? Not Mercedes, I'd wager, even with extra testing and revised tyre construction.

• I think the Renaults are very good on tire wear.
    I would have suggested that Mclaren may take the risk of two stops but as Buttons car is clearly unbalanced and Perez by his very nature is unbalanced! That probably just leaves Force India on a 2 stop...we shall see...
  • Now that's the way u doit Lewis! :)
    Well deserved 2nd for Kimi
    Just a shame Grosjean had that drive through, was probably the best performance I've seen from him
    Pirreli seem to have sorted the new tires well also :)
  • Great race - no overtaking my foot! Goeswrong has been chatting about overtaking with Perez, I reckon!

Pleased to see Jensen finishing reasonably well.

The naughty side of me would just love to see Kimi as team mate for Vettel next year (the fact Vettel said he'd welcome it just confirms to me how much he is dreading the prospect). It would be like a soap opera! :D

On a related note, Jensen would be a very sensible choice for RBR, as he is a placid character, capable of winning on his day in a decent motor. A choice that wouldn't upset the apple cart.so to speak.
  • PACPAC
    edited August 2013
    Had to larf last night when Mark Webber was interviewed by Jem Clarkson, he was asked whether he would miss his team-mate when he leaves at the end of this year.  He answered"...eeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm....no."  :))

He did it - gone to Ferrari. Muahahahahaaaa...

This will be a challenging year. New car/rules for everyone, Alonso has to deal with a driver who will not back down, play second fiddle. Apparently Kimi is still well loved at Ferrari from his previous stint with the team.

I can't wait. Two of the best drivers/racers, biggest egos and probably not the best car if all goes according to form. I love it when a plan comes together!