The New Jag

edited September 2013 in Off-topic
http://hifipig.com/meridian-and-jaguar/

Ugly car ruined and a "Me to" audio concept like Bentley and Naim.
Come on Britain do what you did best Innovate and not copy cat.

The late 70's and the 80,s the British Hi-Fi like Naim, NVA, Inca-Tech, Exposure, etc proved that the British could produce new innovation in the field of audio reproductive designs, we now seem to be stuck like a old record. Having our old designs copied and sold etc. 
Come on designers and thinkers, let dig out of this "me to" world and be different.

Do you think we live in a "me to" world ????  
^:)^ ^:)^

Comments

• Well that's motivated me.
    My products may turn out to be made of cardboard, contain no meaningful electronics, nor reproduce recorded music, but they will be innovative.

Seriously Col, good point well made.
  • edited September 2013
    It never matters Ben even if it is a new pin.

• I agree. It also cheapens the brands, in my opinion.
  • edited September 2013
    Which one Jag/Ford/Tata or Meridian ? or both?
  • Isn't Jaguar owned by an Indian company these days?
  • Yes, Tata I believe. They've made a fantastic job of Jaguar.

Col - I mean Meridian. I understand why they do it, it puts then in touch with a new customer base, the 'new money'. While it's good for sales, the brand is cheapened by such tactics, IMO.

One thing to say - Naim & Bentley thing (and there are others (Lexus are partnered up too, and I think B&W also) are tacky - at least Maridian are famed fir their DSP applications. This would be useful in a noisy car environment, so perhaps Meridian are the best choice in this regard.
  • OK thanks for update I have a Curry Car now, hot .
  • Anything that prevents Bose partnering up with another car manufacturer is a good thing :D
  • Anything that prevents Bose partnering up with another car manufacturer is a good thing :D

:D