Vaughan DAC prototype

edited May 2011 in Digital
@coops posted this in 'Say hello...', so I've modded it over here.

Marco is going to have the Vaughn prototype in Munich!
vb Keith.

Comments

• Is Keith bringing one back with him?
  • My wallet is trembling. Anyone know how much it will cost?
  • Group-buy anyone?

No - just joking. I'm about as 'high end' system-wise as I ever expect to be. My HiFi journey has been characterized by good luck & bargains, so I think I'll be sticking right here or hereabouts.
  • edited May 2011
    Group-buy anyone?

No - just joking. I'm about as 'high end' system-wise as I ever expect to be. My HiFi journey has been characterized by good luck & bargains, so I think I'll be sticking right here or hereabouts.
    Only if I can have it after the rest of you have ironed the bugs out of it  :-"
  • The Young is an excellent DAC, I expect thereto be hopefully a small improvement in SQ with the Vaughn, and the remote,attenuator ,might be useful in some systems.
    If I can get hold of a prototype I wil send it to you guys first.
    Vb Keith.
  • Cool - will be most interesting I suspect.
  • edited May 2011
    The Vaughan will be $6k US, and at that price it is playing in much much deeper waters.  It will be paramount for M2tech to NOT follow the Young rollout; i.e they need to make sure all field testing is done before this thing is truly released as production.  I'm sure Marco and gang have learned a lot from their previous product intros. 

• Ted why are prices so much higher in the US, in the UK we have had dollar for pound comparative pricing for years, it really ticks me off.
    Even products made in the Far Eat are cheaper in the US than the UK!
    I will see if I can distract Marco and steal the Vaughn
    vb Keith.
  • Sounds like a plan Keith. I like the idea of having just a DAC plus active speakers....can't get much simpler than that.
  • Brum Hi, that's how I use the Weiss 202, straight to my power amps,I am hoping the Vaughn will be outstanding and cheaper them than anything comparable.
    Keith.
  • Keith, the dollar being weak has made he Weiss 202 now like $7700!  It's crazy.
  • Ted Hi the pound sterling is also down in the mouth, everything from the Euro zone costs %50 more now.
    Let us know how you get on with the Young, and what do you make of the new Light Harmonics DAC, what is with the rotational capability!!!
    Kind regards Keith.
  • The DaVinci?  Strange DAC, and NOT "the worlds first 384K USB DAC".  I called them on it and now they come back and say  "well, first 384K Linux-compatible driverless USB Class 2 audio DAC"...which is also not true, and clealry not what their marketing lit says.   For me, a bad first impression. 
  • I'd be interested to see how Marco is implementing the volume control in the vaughan- as well as everything else...
  • Ted Hi, they told me that the rotational chassis was to allow cooling , but I find it hard to believe it runs that hot?
    Hopefully I should know more about the Vaughn when I return from Munich.
    Keith.
  • Maybe if Simon finds out the volume control works he can modify some Youngs!
    :-D
  • Oh, there's space for a 25k Goldpoint attenuator in the case, I've checked...