Please introduce yourself

1789101113»

Comments

• Hi Dave and co
    Just to say I have popped over to the dark side again to see what all this SECA malarky is about. Managed to steal Ben’s ID25 from him with a view to upgrading it with Colin’s new boards. Still have my Royd RR1’s and NVA kit so interested to compare the SECA driving the Royds. That’ s the plan anyway. 

Best
    Mervyn 
  • Thanks Mervyn.
    Had mixed feelings about selling the ID25, but hopefully the One4 SECA, TOCA SECA and Claymore will be enough for me!
    Certainly I haven't looked back since finding Colin's SECAs.
    I will follow your upgrading with interest.
  • Hi Mervyn.
    Good to see you again.
    The SECA and Royds go together like a dream, as Colin will tell you.
  • My RR3s loved a 12W SECA, then a pair of 27W. Really outstanding stuff!

Nice to see see you again, Mervyn. Glad the NVA is still doing its magic too.
  • Hello there, 

I am Darryl former Essex Hi-Fi dealer and record shop owner and seller of studio stuff and ex of the original 80's Roksan crew. Still selling and setting up turntables and still liking to move speakers around. Looking forward to chatting and sharing knowledge. Big fan of gear like Inca Tech, TOCA, Ion systems, Heed and Electrocompaniet, Sugden and some Valve bits. Also DJ a bit still on the Jazz, Soul and electronic music scenes. Enjoying the vinyl renaissance. Say Hi if you remember me from the trade.  

Best wishes

db
  • Hello Darryl, names I am bad with, faces and voice no problem so a pic would be good. Did you work with Lorry at Rayleigh , or was near the Maplin Shop, I miss Maplin.
  • edited May 2021
    Hi Darryl.
    Welcome!
    One of the best intro posts yet! Thanks.
    And, good to have another Toca fan on board!
  • Hi Daryl. Welcome to Chews
    It is nice to have another C14 fan on board. 
  • C14 sounds like a old Citroen or Lemon, OK that's me.   o:)
  • Mr 2CV, you, Col  :o  :)
  • I did and I loved its simple construction , smashing beast never broken into, less road space and lots of waves from people. It was a Red and Grey Dolly 2CV, my first Citroen, Then 2 Visa,2 BX,1 BX estate, C4 Picasso Diesel Red, then a Black Picasso Diesel, then another Red one, then a Blue C4, oh a AX, Avanta, now a C3 Platinum, and only 2 fords both crap, one Jag lovely car, two Renault, one Auto Union, one Beetle, one Rolls Royce, two Hillman Imps, one Mazda, one Sunny, one Terrano, one Fiat 850, one Volvo 264, just wore them out . 
  • That's a huge number of cars, Col.
  • Yer, but I am old and I did drive a lots 80K a year sometimes.
  • Too much driving, Col. 
  • Hi,Kamali here from Kuala Lumpur.Current system is as follows:
    Roksan Xerxes 10 tt with Tabriz tonearm and Benz cartridge
    Sonneteer Sedley phono preamp
    Meridian Director dac and Rotel cd player
    MavBook Pro with Audirvana and Amarra software installed
    Exposure 21 rc preamp n Onix preamp
    Magnum mf250 and Sugden ap20 power amp
    Nytec CA252 integrated amp
    Meracus Intrare integrated amp
    Living Voice Auditorium speakers
    Kimber Kable 8tc and Exposure speaker cables,Nordost ,DNM and Gotham interconnects
    The Magnum MF250 is a bit long in the tooth now and need to be recapped I reckon and possibly need to be  upgraded or modded.Any suggestions would be most welcome esp. from Colin Wonfor

• Hi Kamali, welcome to Chews.

Nice kit you've got.

There are a few people who who may be able to give you some thoughts on your Magnum.
  • Hi Kamali

Welcome, and congratulations on a great stash of interesting kit! 

Colin will definitely advise you on the Maggie, but those parts were hugely over specified (and even are by today's standards) that you shouldn't worry too much. However, your hot climate won't help, so let's say what the professor says.
  • How do I get in touch with the legendary Mr. C Wonfor?
  • edited May 2023
    @AntiCrap? @Alan?

Or DM @AntiCrap
  • @AntiCrap Your much needed feedback on MF250 would be greatly appreciated,Sir
  • DM is here: AntiCrap — Audio Chews, and click Message to write a DM.
  • Noted with thanks
  • Krazil, it is a sorry state but Mr. Relph screwed the design up after we parted so please send pics