Comments

• That is very sad indeed, a prisoner of his own body and past glories - what agony! 

Kind of leaves him in the opposite situation of Paul Wittgenstein.
  • Sad indeed. I have only recently discovered his classical recordings not realising how much he recorded and how good they are full of emotion and passion for the music. His Bach is particularly unique and engrossing. 
  • Alan said:
    That is very sad indeed, a prisoner of his own body and past glories - what agony! 

Kind of leaves him in the opposite situation of Paul Wittgenstein.

Absolutely. I hope he gets some proper therapy and is able to play again.
  • edited October 2020
    29mile said:
    Sad indeed. I have only recently discovered his classical recordings not realising how much he recorded and how good they are full of emotion and passion for the music. His Bach is particularly unique and engrossing. 

The ones I've heard are great. I have Bach and Shostakovich.
    The breadth of material he has recorded and the quality of his work in different types of music is what makes him so great. IMHO.
  • That's awful. I hope he recovers enough to play again, nature can be very cruel I cae across Keith quite by accident, and not as you would expect via a jazz route. I was going down an Arvo Part rabbit hole at the time, and found an ECM release where he played, along with violin maestro Gideon Kremer. What a pianist.
  • Yeah. I've been feeling a bit down since yesterday when I heard.
    I didn't know Jarrett had played Part. I'll look that out.
  • edited October 2020
  • Thanks. I’ve bookmarked it to read. 
  • I don't know his work, but it's a very sad story.
  • Yeah, Ben, it is.
    Always happy to make recommendations... ;-)