Promotional posts that add no value to Audio Chews

edited February 2016 in Parish notices
Earlier this week we had a new member who was very - overly - enthusiastic about a certain turntable, and even posted a promotional pic of it.

He didn't seem to have any other interest in taking part in Chews, despite contacting him via e-mail.

After discussing this with Ben, I've decided that it's only right to remove the thread.

The person in question is still a member here if he wants to take a more positive role, but promotional posts aren't allowed out of context. We must emphasise we're very happy to allow anyone who is an active Chews member to post about new products and services. We don't impose an industry/punters division here; one way that we're different from other forums.

Comments

• To be fair then it might be wise to remove my post as it could be seen to be in the same league.
  • Nothing else has yet been relegated to your league, Col :-)
  • I am I that bad, sob sob sob  :((
  • Sending you a pack of tissues via PM.
  • Thanks Bruv, and wet one too?

• Sam sends you some :-)
  • AntiCrap said:
    To be fair then it might be wise to remove my post as it could be seen to be in the same league.
    Colin you are completely open about your relationship with your products (designer and seller), and just as important, you contribute wonderfully to the forum generally (enthusiasm, knowledge, humour, lunacy, etc.,...).
    Transparency and a generous spirit are all we ask for here.
    O:-)
  • OK so I am nuts now thanks Ben , well the truth is always worth saying I am NUTS  8-}
  • edited February 2016
    AntiCrap said:
    OK so I am nuts now thanks Ben , well the truth is always worth saying I am NUTS  8-}
    It's usually what goes in your favour during Dave and my daily "Should we allow Colin to remain a member?" meetings. ;-)
    :)>- 8-}
  • OK. I'm shutting down this thread and letting it fade away.
This discussion has been closed.