What is the worst audio format?

edited March 2014 in Other hi-fi gear
See http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-57619722-47/poll-whats-the-worst-audio-format/

What did you vote for?

And what would you add to the list of deadbeats?

Comments

• It's a tough one for me. 8 Track is the only votable format present that I haven't had experience of.  The rest have all been the best option available at that period in time.  I loved my LP's at home and recorded my favourite tracks on Cassette for portability uses which even continued for me in my 1st car in 1999.  I then switched to Mini Disc for my car after about a year.  I think Cassette was probably the worst sound quality I had out of all the options but only because it was so susceptible to being chewed up in your portable machines. It use to get worse over time and you had to keep your machine heads clean,  however I remember when MP3's first came out and they sounded awful from the get go as the compression rate was so low. However they are now far better in quality and Digital audio seems to merge/compact your at home and portable music with Vinyl being more of a hobby now (or at least for me).
  • MP3 gets my vote, all seem to be crap,followed by DRK format, then and digital lies.
    Clean vinyl is the best for me. Unless it is live, and my singing in the shower is most likely the worst ever 
    :D
  • mp3 also gets my vote unless properly done e.g. LAME 320kbps for a portable setup.
  • Pre-recorded cassettes.
  • What about the wax cylinder?
  • Sorry Dave, i can only speak from my youthful personal experience... ;-)
    A Shrek type or a Dave type? Shrek type better less lost BITS.
  • Sorry Dave, i can only speak from my youthful personal experience... ;-)

X(
    A Shrek type or a Dave type? Shrek type better less lost BITS.
    Er, a wax type last time I looked  :-t