Top of the curve...?

edited October 2012 in Systems
I've been buying audio equipment since 1988 (a JVC ghetto blaster kicked things off back then). In that time I've had peaks and troughs in my enjoyment of music through my system. Other than the system itself, not sure what are the determining factors. There must be things other than the system itself though, as since 1988 my system has only improved (tho' I wonder where that JVC is...?). May be things that have affected my enjoyment are my level of interest in music generally, the room the system's been in, if I feel I've found a 'bargain' of a product, family circumstances, mental health, etc.,... Anyway, right now my system and I are at a peak. It's been sounding great in recent weeks (the new AC regenerator has really lifted things) and I have been really enjoying my music collection. Hell, I've even played a few albums that Dave has recommended... ;-)
Anyway, not necessarily asking for thoughts, just sharing my joy...! :-)

Comments

• You need the finest of equipment to enjoy Ugly Music (that's not uglymusic. That's different).
    B-)
  • I've been buying audio equipment since 1988 (a JVC ghetto blaster kicked things off back then). In that time I've had peaks and troughs in my enjoyment of music through my system. Other than the system itself, not sure what are the determining factors. There must be things other than the system itself though, as since 1988 my system has only improved (tho' I wonder where that JVC is...?). May be things that have affected my enjoyment are my level of interest in music generally, the room the system's been in, if I feel I've found a 'bargain' of a product, family circumstances, mental health, etc.,... Anyway, right now my system and I are at a peak. It's been sounding great in recent weeks (the new AC regenerator has really lifted things) and I have been really enjoying my music collection. Hell, I've even played a few albums that Dave has recommended... ;-)
    Anyway, not necessarily asking for thoughts, just sharing my joy...! :-)
    Shared
  • Thanks for sharing Ben, glad you & your system are in a good place right now. It seems to be a rare thing, this contented audiophile!

Also thanks for the CD, I haven't yet done it justice on the big rig, but listening to it at work on headphones has been great!
  • Righto, glad it's at least gently jabbing at, if not actually hitting, the spot.
    BTW, I recently noticed this rather good bit of news that I will start a thread for...

http://cymande-online.com/2011/11/cymande-reunites-to-release-album-in-2012/