Making Chews easier to read

edited May 2012 in Parish notices
You may have noticed that sometime this afternoon signatures went grey instead of black.

@tenpastmidnight and I both thought the signatures were competing with the shorter posts, so he conjured up a quick CSS hack that I added.

Hope you like it!

Comments

• A slight blue background would also help us folk with deplidocus  word blindness.

• =D>

Much better
  • I don't get signatures on iPhone... :-/
    But everything Dave does is a triumph, so it must be an improvement I am sure...!
  • edited May 2012
    I think it's a good look, excellent work, dynamic duo!

I think Col's request merits consideration, if it can be easily achieved?
  • Thanks all
  • I don't get signatures on iPhone... :-/
    But everything Dave does is a triumph, so it must be an improvement I am sure...!
    Nope. Signatures take up space on screen, so they've been designed out of the mobile version by the Vanilla people.

• I think it's a good look, excellent work, dynamic duo!

I think Col's request merits consideration, if it can be easily achieved?
    It can be achieved. The main problem I guess, will be finding a blue to fit in with the two shades of blue background we already have. It'll have to be very light, so may not make very much difference for Col.

@Brain_Dead what sort of shade of blue are you thinking about? Relative to the blues we already have for our own posts and quotes, that is.
  • edited May 2012
    The light blue at the top of this would be fine, I find after typing garbage to the site, and the blue screen come up after "Post Comment"  is perfect for me to see to edit errors. like us=is etc I tried blue hue on my screen but this makes the reds, and green look sicky. This blue is perfect.
    Will it help anybody else???
  • So the background of your own posts is good?
  • I like the colour scheme on Chews, but if it makes it easier for others to use I am not adverse to it being changed. It may be that the same colours can be retained, just re-distributed around the page?

Col, when you read a quoted text (it shows up in a light blue box) - is that the kind of blue you have in mind?
  • We'll have to add one more blue to the colour palette used by Vanilla. 

That has to harmonise with what we have, or things won't look right.