Audio Chews now has advertising

edited February 2012 in Parish notices
As you've no doubt noticed, we've added some Amazon advertising to Chews.

The idea is to get enough cashflow to pay for some better quality hosting, and I chose the Amazon ads because Amazon sells the kind of things that we buy. Over time, the advertisements should tailor themselves more closely to Chews.

Comments

• Having had a bit more of a play with the site, I can see places where ads are overlapping content or other ads.

There's still some tweaking to do.
  • I see that Amazon is picking up on my Neil Young and Steve Jobs post.
  • I'll be messing about with the advertising this weekend, so please bear with me as things may sometimes be a bit loopy.
  • Well done Dave. You are progressing the site well!
    :-)
  • Thank you. I hope so.
  • And the server problems today show why we need to find somewhere else to host Chews.
  • edited February 2012
    Nice work Dave.

• Nice one Dave :)

I've been considering getting some kind of advert-funding for my own motorcycling forum (boxertrix.com) but really don't know where I'd start.
  • Thanks Richard

If you want to see what I did with Chews, have a look at the write-up on my blog, Dangerous Thinking.
  • Nice work Dave.

Thanks Alan
  • And the server problems today show why we need to find somewhere else to host Chews.
    What happened?
  • Chews slowed down and then didn't load at all, over a period of hours.

The hosting company weren't too specific about what caused the problems.
  • edited February 2012
    Thanks Richard

If you want to see what I did with Chews, have a look at the write-up on my blog, Dangerous Thinking.
    Thanks Dave - I'll have a good read through that. We use phpBB for ours so I'll have a chat with my mate who does all the IT stuff - he'll have far more of an idea as to how we get this working than me. :)
  • Sorry, I don't have the experience with phpBB, so I can't help you out there.

All I know is that phpBB has been around a while and is very popular, so you'll probably find all the info you need with a bit of Googling.