Really Cheap Stuff That Makes Music

edited January 2012 in Systems
What about those really cheap things that can have a place in very respectable music replay systems (as opposed to 'HiFi' systems).

Like: JPW Sonata

Very fine little speakers, I got mine 'as new' on eBay for £28.

Also, the HRT Music Streamer 2 DAC: 24/96, Async USB.

Under £200 new, I think. £80 on eBay.

NVA soundcords.

£10 new.

Comments

• I haven't heard a pair of senheiser headphones that have sounded less than listenable. I've just got back from a jog using a 30 quid pair of buds I picked up in sainsbury's last week.
    I have a bigboy pair (i think HD565 @ £70 a few years back) for proper listening during the wife's CSI.
  • hi guys, 
    the best 'cheap' item i got lately was some house of marley 'people get ready' ear buds to replace my sennheiser mx500's that fell apart (second pair that came apart in the same place) the Marleys cost just £30 , are made of wood and aluminium and sound more like ear speakers in as much as the sound stage isnt just ' in your head' , i spend a lot of time looking round to see where that sound just came from! , stunning stuff  !!.
  • edited January 2012
    M2Tech Hiface, the device that bought Asynchronous USB to the great unwashed for £100 or so.

Also, converting to S/PDIF from USB was a smart move, as many folks used this during the transition from CDPs to 'Puters on DACs without USB inputs. Or on DACs with poor USB inputs.

Probably a really important product that got a lot of people into 'Puter audio. I used one with a Theta & a Beresford.

Available for around £50 used now.
  • This:

It's a no Pre-amp, available for nothing at all! :D
  • And it sounds better (IMO)!

:D
  • edited January 2012
    Re your sig @Alan.

I prefer mine moving around 
    :D
  • D'oh! A perfectly good pun, ruined...
  • You two should do a comedy act between you, I'd buy a couple of tickets!!

Justin
  • You'll give ol' UglyDave new ideas on how to fund the forum if your not careful!
  • Some people call me Ugly S**t, but they're just rude.
  • Yeah.

You're affluent, not effluent.
  • I'm not even fluent...
    :(|)
  • If only I were affluent...