Joke Of The Day

Comments

• It is a proven fact that 9 out of 10 women who sit at home and have conversations with their dog are mentally disturbed.

My cat is full of useful information like that.
  • How come nothing ever disappears into thick air?

When I'm on the road, why do I never see a big chef?

I went to the doctor complaining of dizziness, apparently it's going around...

I also asked the doctor to give me something for persistent wind. He gave me a kite.
  • Other forum sites have Whales like this, and the human.

LOL!
  • edited July 2014

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

• edited August 2014
    Alan Sircom made me really LOL on pfm this morning with this 'sample' review:

[QUOTE=Alan Sircom;2382025]

"Sam 'Sidewinder' Brent played alto sax with the Tad 'Polaris' Hammersmith Big Band from 1946 until he was spotted by Chad 'Redstone' Balanitis, who signed him to Nike Hercules' legendary Hound Dog label in late 1957. Brent was a natural bandleader and on Let Me Fill Up Your Silo, his first (and only) outing with the label, he was joined by the then unheard of Milt 'Titan' Croydon on piano, Benny 'Pershing' Merton on bass, and Big Joe 'Minuteman' Redbridge on sticks.

"Despite sinuous reworkings of standards like, 'Is It Meant To Look Like That?' and, 'If You Loved Me, You'd Swallow It', Let Me Fill Up Your Silo was not destined for success. Panned by critics at the time for being 'a musical war crime', Brent responded by dying from a self-introduced rectal obscenity explosion on New Year's Day, 1959. Just four copies of the album were thought to be still in existence (three of which are still being used in urban pacification programs), making the album priceless. As a result, the master tapes were recently discovered in a clogged sewer, and thanks to Clem 'Tomahawk' Phimosis and Bud 'Trident II' Chancroid of the Crap Music Reissue Company, this long forgotten 'classic' is now available on 45rpm triple 200g virgin vinyl. Despite being unlistenable, it sounds better than ever."

• Growing older:
    • Tri-Weekly
    • Try-Weekly
    • Try-Weakly
  • Have been struggling with vertigo the last year. Went back to my GP this week to see what more can be done. "Get a shorter ladder?" he helpfully suggested.

This lack of real help could have really got me down, especially with the economy and all as it is. Fortunately on the way home I spotted a news bulletin to at least indicate there is some hope we're coming out of it all, apparently the vacuum cleaner business is really picking up   :-P
  • I've been looking up the manufacture of vision correcting devices and it appears there is more to contact lenses than meets the eye ;-)

• A proton turns up at the airport check out and gets asked, "Any luggage today?)
    "Nah, " replies the proton, "I'm travelling light".  
    :D

• A proton turns up at the airport check out and gets asked, "Any luggage today?)
    Double points. A physics joke from the womenfolk.

:-O

I'm only a sexist with Suzy.
    And agreed, out of context, it comes across a bit bit trashy...
    Thanks for prompting my wriggle.
  • To be fair to Doc, he does know that I once emailed him bemoaning I couldnt get the 45 inch JPWs he lent me on my shelf. They turned out to be 45 cm.
    They still didnt fit on my shelf 
    :))
  • To be fair to Doc, he does know that I once emailed him bemoaning I couldnt get the 45 inch JPWs he lent me on my shelf. They turned out to be 45 cm.
    And i have never mentioned that to anyone. :-)
    You see, in reality i utterly respect humanity regardless of difference...
  • I thought you might want to consider getting on-board early ...
    A British Engineer just started his own business in Afghanistan.
    The bloke's making land-mines designed to look like prayer mats.
    It's doing very well. 
    He says prophets are going through the roof.

I'm only a sexist with Suzy.
    And agreed, out of context, it comes across a bit bit trashy...
    Thanks for prompting my wriggle.
    LOL!
    Where are they now? Don't leave us hanging...
    They ended up on 60 foot oak stands that I wasn't using.

(Or is it centimetres...?)
    They ended up on 60 foot oak stands that I wasn't using.

(Or is it centimetres...?)
    Furlongs, I think ;-)
  • I think I know as much about science as anyone around here...
    • if it bites and scratches, it's biology
    • if it stinks and goes pop, it's chemistry
    • if it doesn't work, it's physics!
  • Take all those points away. Apparently i mean a photon. As Johnny Cash might say, "I hung my head..."  X_X
  • Take all those points away. Apparently i mean a photon. As Johnny Cash might say, "I hung my head..."  X_X
    Ouch.
  • Colin Wonfor working for TQ what a good JOKE HE HE
  • I think I know as much about science as anyone around here...
    • if it bites and scratches, it's biology
    • if it stinks and goes pop, it's chemistry
    • if it doesn't work, it's physics!
    Is there anything else one needs to know?
  • I'm at a friends family funeral today, it has reminded me of this old one:

When my great grandfather died, a large portrait of him fell from the wall at exactly the same moment.

It fell right on his head and killed him...
  • I'm at a friends family funeral today, it has reminded me of this old one:

When my great grandfather died, a large portrait of him fell from the wall at exactly the same moment.

It fell right on his head and killed him...
    I hope you managed to tuck into some of the buffet before the family politely asked you to leave after that one!!
  • Ok, after my embarrassing measurement confusions, I heard this one in the ironmongers today (yes, I have a real ironmongers where I live!):

The shopkeeper brought in a length of wood he'd been to cut to size for his customer. The customer (a guy in his late 70s I'd guess), says, "You've cut it too short". "Nah," says the shopkeeper, "it's 1 metre, 35, just like you asked". But the guy insists it's too short. After much going to and forth on this, the shopkeeper takes out the tape measure and goes: "See, it's exactly 1 metre and 35 cms."    "35 cms?" asks the guy, "But I wanted 1 metre and 35 inches!". 
  • :-)
    Hadn't realised my dad had been in Worcester today...
    Hopefully you'll pick up some more comedy gems tomorrow when you purchase essential provisions in your neighbourhood haberdasher and apothecary.
  • Imagine Oscar's surprise to find a real burglar in his toilet!

(If you even smiled you are very bad.)
  • Law and Lawyer.

Question are the laws set up to protect the people of crime and wrongdoings of and by others?

Then how come the free laws cost us £750/hr to use via a lawyer and if I want to to take the case further maybe more than £12,000. I do and I am., see I want justice, well sir it might cost you more he said.

It seems crime is a club for the criminal and the law makers and the law server to steal more money from us hidden under the coats of justice.

As a engineer I have design things that were more useful than some stupid laws and have worked longer in some cases with pittances of a salary.

True value from the Law and servers NO WAY Bigger crooks than a bank robber and a bank come to think of it.

A Joke you wanted well its on us we voted the lawmakers into power and most are crooks.

— feeling annoyed.
  • "BOOO Halloween time when the Ghost of past designs walk the world to haunt you." D.D. 1975
  • the free laws cost us £750/hr to use via a lawyer and if I want to to take the case further maybe more than £12,000. 
    If that's a joke, it is in very poor taste!
    You sound determined to see justice done Colin. Good on you.
  • the free laws cost us £750/hr to use via a lawyer and if I want to to take the case further maybe more than £12,000. 
    If that's a joke, it is in very poor taste!
    You sound determined to see justice done Colin. Good on you.
    The legal system is a joke in very poor taste!
  • edited November 2014
    Fishing Trip.

• edited November 2014
    Fishing Trip.

• Fishing Trip.

Pourquoi?
  • From Colin, who was having trouble posting it:

"The guys were all on a fishing trip in northern Quebec , and slept two to a tent. No one wanted to share a tent with Bob, because he snored so loudly. They decided it wasn't fair to make one of them stay with him the whole time, so they voted to take turns.

The first guy, Mike, slept with Bob and comes to breakfast the next morning with his hair a mess and his eyes all bloodshot.

They said, "Mike, what happened to you?"

He said, "Bob snored so loudly, I just sat up and watched him all night."

The next night it was Larry's turn. In the morning, same thing,
    hair all standing up, eyes all bloodshot.

They said, "Larry , what happened to you? You look awful!"

He said, 'Man, that Bob shakes the tent with his snoring. I watched him all night."

The third night was Fred's turn. Fred was a tanned, older cowboy, a man's man. The next morning he came to breakfast bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

"Good morning!" he said. They couldn't believe it.

They said, "Fred, what happened?"

He said, "Well, we got ready for bed. I went and tucked Bob into bed, patted him on the butt, and kissed him good night. "Bob sat up and watched me all night."

Loving this! :-D

Loving this! :-D
    Thank you!

I knew someone would appreciate it ;-)
  • Donald Duck and Daisy Duck were spending the night together in a hotel room and Donald wanted to make love with Daisy.

The first thing Daisy asked was, "Do you have a condom?"

Donald frowned and said, "No."

Daisy told Donald that if he didn't get a condom, they could not have sex.

"Maybe they sell them at the front desk," she suggested.

So Donald went down to the lobby and asked the hotel receptionist if they had condoms.

"Yes, we do," she said and pulled  out  a packet from under the counter and gave it to Donald.

The receptionist asked, "Would you like me to put it on your bill?"

"Thit No!" Donald quacked, "I'll thuffocate!"

• Donald Duck and Daisy Duck were spending the night together in a hotel room and Donald wanted to make love with Daisy.

The first thing Daisy asked was, "Do you have a condom?"

Donald frowned and said, "No."

Daisy told Donald that if he didn't get a condom, they could not have sex.

"Maybe they sell them at the front desk," she suggested.

So Donald went down to the lobby and asked the hotel receptionist if they had condoms.

"Yes, we do," she said and pulled  out  a packet from under the counter and gave it to Donald.

The receptionist asked, "Would you like me to put it on your bill?"

"Thit No!" Donald quacked, "I'll thuffocate!"

Truly awful!! :-)
  • Yes my Hi-fi is better well maybe  >:)
  • This is why everyone needs an older brother...

Two young boys walked into a pharmacy one day, picked out a box of tampons and proceeded to the checkout counter.

The pharmacist at the counter asked the older boy, "Son, how old are you?''Eight', the boy replied.The man continued, 'Do you know what these are used for?'

The boy replied, 'Not exactly, but they aren't for me. They're for him. He's my brother. He's four."

"Oh, really?" the pharmacist replied with a grin.

"Yes." the boy said. "We saw on TV that if you use these, you would be able to swim, play tennis and ride a bike. Right now, he can't do none of those."

• edited December 2014
    I'm sure that one's reaction to this can act as some sort of definitive personality test...

• Funny burn all fairies.
  • edited January 2015
    With parts of the UK blanketed in snow for the second time this winter, Sainsbury's has seen panic buying of flour, milk and eggs. "It looks like we're in for another battering" said a spokesperson.