Inca Design ID 25

edited December 2013 in For sale

Just been serviced with new Airlink 750va transformer and soft start fitted plus 272,000uf Kendeil KO1 and all on board electrolytics replaced.

Class A but doesn't get too hot (approx 25° above ambient)

Sounds lovely and not far off a TOCA.

£750

Comments

• Just a, er, quickie.

All you need to do to make the pix appear on the page is to paste the same links into the 'Enter URL' panel that appears when you click on the icon that looks like a Polaroid photo or a old-fashioned TV. You can tell if you've got it right because the pic will show immediately you've clicked on Submit.
  • Looks good, though.
  • Yeah...........realised this after I posted.

Still can't edit my posts though..........

Paul.

• Is that just when you start a thread, or on any post?
  • Seems to be any............did manage it once though I think.

Aint that good with puters :)

Paul.

• Right,

Click on edit which brings up the body of the post,but can't get cursor to do anything with text.

Been here before.........lol

Paul.

• Right,

Click on edit which brings up the body of the post,but can't get cursor to do anything with text.

Been here before.........lol

Paul.

By 'been here before', do you mean you've had this happen on other forums?

In any case, can you tell me which Operating System and browser you're using?
  • Only on this forum.

Win 7 IE

• Anyone else having this problem with Win 7 and IE? Unfortunately, my Win 7 is at home, so I can't try it for myself. 
  • I have windows 7 on the TFS, but my Internet arrangements are weird, and I don't routinely use the TFS for t'internet. I can though, and will have a look later.
  • Thanks Ben
  • I'm going to start a new Discussion for this. Then this one can go back to selling Paul's amp ;-)
  • Lol...........I should be so lucky..........:)

Paul.

• edited June 2011

I can't believe noone wants this.

The power supply caps/transformer and soft start cost alone cost £250 odd quid.Alot of labour too.

This would cost thousands to build from scratch today.

I've got a NAP250 here and this pisses all over it.Might just strip it down for parts and build something else.

Paul.

• edited June 2011
    Hi Paul,

I found the circuit for it last night I had hid them on a 5inch soppy dish, not on the back up drive I will send once I convert them.
    Is that OK Paul.

catch you all soon of to try out a filter.

Best Col

Oh Alan I like Drain Dead better is it easy to change ? or do we have to bleach it out?

• You are now Drain_Dead. That will cost you two pints :-)
  • OK Ug, done deal thanks Col gurgle gurgle nice pint can taste it now mmmm.
  • Still available

• No takers, still?
  • It looks fantastic. I already have too many amps tho...
  • It's Class A Ben. You gotta join the club ;-)
  • It is a push pull A not a SECA type.
  • Indeed, still lovely though :)
  • edited December 2013
    Col, how does this monster compare with the revamped Claymore...?

Edit - By which i mean my old revamped one, not the new TQ one.
  • Not a hope hell the ID series will see it of with ease. Sorry :((
  • It is a push pull A not a SECA type.
    Thanks for the illumination Col. AFAICS SECA is something very special.
  • So what does this do that my current power amp doesn't? (Serious answers please, you NVAphobics ;-) ).
  • Oh the NVA is ideal for you Ben stay with it.

• Are you anywhere near Devon ?

Maybe you could try it out in your system ?
  • Thanks Paul. Somewhat close (Gloucester). I may be seeing Colin at our usual Gordano rendez-vous at some point. How possible would it be to get the ID25 to Colin pior to that....? Absolutely no rush with any of this. And please do not go to any trouble.
  • Shouldn't be a problem.

About time I paid the man a visit, so will sort something out !

Paul.
  • Oh that will be good not seen you for ages .
  • Oh the NVA is ideal for you Ben stay with it.

Hey-hey! I now use tq speaker cable and rfc modded speakers.
    In psychotherapy it's what's known as an "integrative approach".
  • Oh that will be good not seen you for ages .
    Yes. Looking forward to it! :-)
  • Ben if it is remotely close to the 20w i recently sold you won't need another amp in the future. No way would i have parted with mine if it weren't for the visuals,my wife finally got her way .  

:(
  • So what does this do that my current power amp doesn't? (Serious answers please, you NVAphobics ;-) ).

You heard the Green Goddess at Paul's.

It'll be in a similar ballpark.
  • How will it manage a passive pre-...?
  • Works well with a passive.

• Thanks Paul. :-)
  • The only thing you can do, Ben, is try it. Honestly, I don't expect it will shock you, it does all the things you love about your current rig but just expands on them.
  • Indeed Alan. Suck it and see...
    It looks quite a large lozenge though. :-/
  • Paul,
    Happy New Year!
    Is this still available, and did you get my PM...?

• HI Ben,

Same to you.

Yes, I still have it. Nothing in my inbox ?
  • Sorry Paul. I always get confused between a 1:1 discussion and a PM...
    I had staretd a 1:1 discussion with you.
    Have just copied the contents into a PM and sent it to you. Let me know if it hasn't arrived.
  • edited January 2014
    Paul, thanks for sorting this. :-)
    The very generous Mr. Wonfor (designer and now delivery boy of exceptional hifi products) arrived at my door at 7.45am this morning bearing gifts of ID25s and supercharged old Claymores.
    Initial impressions of the ID25 are very positive. :-)
    Paul - I'll be in touch. Thanks again for your work on the ID25 and your time getting it over to Col'.
  • edited January 2014
    Excellent Stuff Ben. Enjoy :)

I've just supercharged my pre-amp so off to have a listen.

Paul.
  • edited January 2014
    I've noticed that when i plug the id25 into the power inspired ag1500 there is a hum from the id25's transformer and from the speakers. When i plug it directly into the wall the hum greatly reduces. Which is the complete reverse of my nva amps...! :-/
  • Strange. My mains isn't great, but the transformer is pretty quiet considering its 750 va. I had airlink make me another, as the first sample they supplied was very noisy, even with no load on it.

Should be very little hum from speakers, unless your ear is right up close to the drive units.

Paul.