Master at work

Came across this today.
Possibly taken about 6 or 7 years ago...?
I'd managed to fuck up my Toca Seca 20. Can't remember how or what.
And had taken it down to Col's workshop in Somerset / Devon.
At the time I took the photo I imagined that Col was gazing affectionately into his old friend. But now I can see he was thinking "What the bloody hell has the muppet done to this...?"
Anyway, Col sorted it and it remains one of the best amps I've heard. The midrange is incredible.

Comments

• Yay to C14 SECAs!
  • I reckon Colin will like that piccy for his own collection 😎

BTW Ben, "Somerton" in Somerset. I used to live 5/10 minutes away! 😉

• Thanks! I knew it was down there somewhere.

At the risk of puffing out Col's chest too much, here's a photo of the other end of the workshop that day.
    I'd taken my son (then 6ish) with me (I know how to show a kid a good time).
    Before starting work, Col insisted on setting up a computer with some funny cat cartoons to keep the little chap entertained.

• I'm not sure that's the Somerton workshop actually. There was another place in Somersert for a while afterwards, Dave and I visited him there... A mill somewhere IIRC?

It's interesting how the older amps require much deeper heatsinks than now. I wonder why that is?
  • edited May 2020
    Could be. I remember going there. We went down there in your van if I remember correctly.
    Heatsinks: isn't that because the amps are SECAs, rather than Colin's current hybrids (if that's the correct terminology?). Colin?
  • Ben is it still OK?

• AntiCrap said:
    Ben is it still OK?

All great.
    Although gets little use since the One4 amp stepped in. I'm aware of needing a solid replacement tho, so I am keeping it.
  • Alan said:
    I'm not sure that's the Somerton workshop actually. There was another place in Somersert for a while afterwards, Dave and I visited him there... A mill somewhere IIRC?

It's interesting how the older amps require much deeper heatsinks than now. I wonder why that is?
    It could've been Alan.
    I honestly can't remember.