November Bake-off

13»

Comments

• Looks like fun was had. I've never seen the Emille Ki-40L before, a very purposeful looking beastie.

Makes me wish I still lived around those parts!
  • There'll be other opportunities Sov;  that's a given.  To join the "club" you have to eat raw Naga mind...
  • Sod that mate
  • Looks as if you had a great day. 

Wish I had been there.
  • A big thanks to Paul for hosting a splendid bake off. Great to meet up and put faces to names. I really enjoyed all the kit that was played during the day - Will's Radford amps were a particular highlight.

The Oscar Peterson record I brought along is called 'We Get Requests' by the Oscar Peterson Trio. It's the 180g version which is available through Amazon.
  • Great to see you again James and thanks for bringing the Oscar Peterson!   That was a superb album and I suspect will join a few people's Christmas lists now.
  • Ok, I've resisted making this observation for 24 hours now as I attempt to disguise my freakery. But am going to say it anyway....

I couldnt help but notice at the bake-off yesterday that in terms of physical sensation (other than the tingling of having touched my face after I held a slice of naga chili!) the bass during most of the day was impacting in my throat and chest. Now, when I'm at home, I generally feel the bass in my belly. What's all that about then??? Do I need a physics teacher or a physician to sort this one out for me?

• A psychiatrist? :))
  • PACPAC
    edited November 2015
    Beats me!  :))

Could be just the room acoustic, the level of bass (as in SPL) and extension of the speakers (despite their modest size, the Raptors drop quite low).  I'd not worry about it.  It'll be a different experience with just about every system you listen to. If you thought that bass impacted on the chest, wait until you feel what a "gert" big Tannoy driver in a "gert" big cabinet can do 
    @-) ^:)^
  • Ok, I'll put it on my list of things to ask her about at our next appointment  8-}