For sale: Inca Tech Claymore

edited December 2014 in For sale
Thinking about selling one of Colin's best. This one has gold trim on the front panel. My son has been using it for a couple of years, somehow with an ipod and mm phono.

Seems to work fine, although there may be a loose connection on one of the phono channels, but I suspect it is nothing major as needs the occasional wiggle, but once working absolutely OK. Being very ignorant, have not tried to fix whatever might be wrong as it works fine.

Casework nice and clean. Can email some pictures.

North London.

Comments

• All the best with the sale. :)

(Don't Colin's more recent designs include circuitry that make it impossible to play ipods and other digital sources through them? ;) )
  • My son uses this for vinyl - why we bought it. Tends to listen to his ipod over headphones. Being a teenager, his room is pretty much out of bounds to me. I had one of Colin's Iridium phono's - which was very good - and UB speaker cables and some of his interconnects. 

I bought it at Audio Gold, a well known vintage store in North London. I should take it in to be fixed, they would probably do it for free as I suspect it is only a minor thing.

The reason for selling is that I have become obsessed with the possibility that my Art Audio 20w SET is under powered for my Harbeth SHL5+, and there is a nice little 50w Sugden available at the moment which has a mm phono, so I could try it in my system vs. a top spec valve amp, silver wired etc, and then donate it to my little underserving lad.
  • Safas,

Get Paul Quickie to give it his magic eye and delicate hand once over examination.
    It will be worth the effort he can also check capacitors and other parts out for aging.
    Try the Iridium 20W SECA amp it has a good wallop and nice image reproduction, as it is DC coupled not like the Sugden which was capacitor coupled and thus the damping factor is high resulting in a control freak amp.

Best Col 
  • Safas,

Get Paul Quickie to give it his magic eye and delicate hand once over examination.
    It will be worth the effort he can also check capacitors and other parts out for aging.
    Try the Iridium 20W SECA amp it has a good wallop and nice image reproduction, as it is DC coupled not like the Sugden which was capacitor coupled and thus the damping factor is high resulting in a control freak amp.

Best Col 
    Thanks Colin

You did recommend Paul before, but I was too lazy to do anything about it as it's my son's amp and I would get no thanks at all for getting it serviced when it still works fine.

Fact is I got my son's first system on a budget - Claymore, some vintage Ruarks and a new Project Genie, cables etc for about £800 I recall. It is balanced precariously on a bookshelf, the rest of the room taken up with all his clutter including two guitar amps and 4 or 5 guitars, with another one being made for his 18th ( a rather fun project with our local luthier). 

So the 50w min. amp has to be light, have a mm phono and cost £500 or thereabouts, for my testing purposes and ultimately his use.

If I don't have any interest for the Claymore I will probably send it to Paul as it is a lovely amp and it would be nice to know it was in tip top shape. 

Kind regards and hope all is well.

• Hello, I may be interested in this.  If you'd be kind enough to email or msg me any photos and your price that'd be great.
    BW,
    Andy