ID25 on ebay

Serviced by Quickie perchance?

Here

Comments

• Could be Spev...
    He certainly does service them. Does a bloomin' good job too.
    Incidentally the ID25 is a cracking amp. I had thought to sell mine (it's just sitting on the floor at the end of my bed at the moment since the TOCA 20 arrived), but, I feel that it's worth more to me than the amount I thought I might get for it (about what the one in the add is going for as it happens). I'm keeping my ID25 for if and when the TOCA fails.
    And another incidentally... It's been said before I know, but Mr. Wonfor does make excedingly good amps. The Claymore, the ID25 and the TOCA 20 are all amps that I will never sell.
  • edited October 2014
    Looking at the inards, the ID25 currently on ebay by yer...

Looks different from the one that I bought from Quickie...

Not to say he didn't do the top one of course. I know nothing of working on amps, probably there are many ways of doing things, but these two amps *look* very different. But WTF do I know...? I couldn't even detect a blown fuse in my TOCA20 with a multimeter a couple of months ago...
    :\">

I do know that Quickie's work is known for "looking" neat (not enough cable ties on that top one...?  ;) )
  • They do look completely different.  Totally different main pcb layout, no to mention psu.
  • I know Colin has a habit of modifying designs over time - think of all the Claymore variations we've talked about on the forum - so that may be one answer.

The other may be that it's one of those (ahem!) unofficial uses of his design.

I don't know, and I'm not pointing fingers, but they are very different in appearance. Even I can count those caps :-)
  • A lot of earlier AC Magnum gear was changed and cheapened after Col was 'relieved' of his share in the company, you have to watch out quite carefully for this. Col doesn't seem to have much luck with business partners!

Not sure if Inca Tech had similar issues TBH.
  • Not one of mine.

I converted yours to dual mono Ben, plus fitted the soft start.
  • Not one of mine.

I converted yours to dual mono Ben, plus fitted the soft start.
    Love it Paul. :-)

(So the dual mono mod explains the extra...caps(?) as compared to the one on ebay currently?)
  • Yes, set of caps per channel.

Transformer has separate windings for each channel.
  • Thank you very much.
    I really need to set it up in a second system to use it more regularly...
  • Anyone on here get it then ?

Was cheap !
  • Anyone on here get it then ?

Was cheap !
    It wasn't me.
    I think 2 Class A power amps is as much as the local west Gloucester substation can endure.
  • I dunno Ben.....i've got 2...........and a half :)
  • How are the monos coming along...?
  • There not..........

I need some time off to finish them, and the 101 other jobs I have to do !

• What amp are you currently listening to? (Or are you just listening to 50 year old mono recordings...? ;-) )
  • Hehe......ID amp or the white Claymore.