RFC to launch new website...and a few changes!

PACPAC
edited May 2014 in Blog
There's a few changes afoot at RFC following an intense period of behind the scenes work.

RFC has several pieces of news which I hope will be of interest.

Firstly, a new website is being launched (launch is close at hand), and to strengthen the brand and showcase RFC as more a bespoke manufacturer, I have decided to drop all other brands except for suppliers of two different products being retained.

Your feedback to the new site is invited and I'll post again as soon as it goes live.

Facebook and Twitter pages have already been refreshed and you can view their new look by clicking in the icons on the old website (still live).

Comments

• Good luck Paul.
  • Looks like a lot of hard work has gone into that Paul, really hope it pays dividends.
  • showcase RFC as more a bespoke manufacturer
    I like the way that feels.
  • I've just liked your Facebook page. Not sure if my profile picture will turn a few customers away? Sorry
  • When's it launching?
  • Thanks guys, appreciated.

Launch is likely a few days away yet as frantically working on content changes and SEO stuff.  Once launched, it will still have lots of ongoing work to refine it but my view is it's better to launch the new template version now and react to feedback before I've updated everything, rather than complete everything only to have to change it again.  I am a great believer in asking for constructive feedback as each pair of eyes is a fresh pair of eyes.

Expect a VERY different site layout to the existing one which really put the marketing second and the blurb first.

I wanted a leaner, slicker and more inviting site that showcased RFC wares and made it more obvious that everything was either custom/bespoke design or assembled in-house...high quality without the "telephone number" pricing.
  • PACPAC
    edited June 2014
    I'm delighted to announce that the RFC website has been refreshed and re-launched: http:www.referencefidelitycomponents.co.uk

I'll be working on ironing out any teething issues as things crop up plus will be moving some of the more informative posts across from the old site in due course, but for now hope you like the changes.

We have been concentrating on strengthening the RFC "brand" hence have dropped a lot of other products in favour of just a small handful from Zyx & Black Rhodium as we want to concentrate on what RFC is good at;  ie loudspeakers, SUTs, audio cables and provision of services such as loudspeaker servicing, turntable set up and hifi furniture (bespoke design and construction including TT plinths, cabinets, racks etc).

I hope you like the new site.
  • Ooooo...
    Ahhhh...
    Looks swish Paul. Very swish. :-)
  • That's a real step up in terms of branding, Paul.
  • Thanks David.  There were a few seemingly simple issues which proved not so simple such as sorting out a bespoke font for the brand which works at small as well as large levels to stay clean (for things like heatshrink sleeving, viewing on smartphones etc).still in progress is another issue using a tile photo for the front for which I had to take a dozen or so photos and each one had to be slightly different (focus, contrast, angle etc) which the marketing "team" then had to fight over to pick the one which will eventually grace the front screen (the one you see will be changed).  Then there was the myriad choices for the shopping cart, the photos for the site (work in progress), text changes and format....well, you get the picture!  What I thought would be a few weeks work was a month burning the midnight oil.
  • Sounds as if you've been hard at work.
  • Most of the credit goes to someone else David.  All I provided was the text/photos and some feedback/ideas. The expertise to build it lay elsewhere.