Sov's OBs

edited April 2014 in Loudspeakers
This discussion was created from comments split from: My pimped up classics....

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Sorry Just hag to waggle my willy ;-)

• Sov, your post appears to link to photos of a "Thunderbirds" set. Open Baffles are Go...!
  • Tell us about the OBs Mr Sov, please?
  • Been curious to see a pic of these since Steve Jay popped up and had a listen to them when he bought ur BPS, he said they sounded extremely cohesive and couldn't fault what they do and he's a picky fucker! :)
  • edited April 2014
    Yes they are very good, not terribly wife friendly but I have a hifi man cave so she doesn't care. They are the only OBs I have owned and heard, I bought them on a complete whim and glad I did. They are a Lampizator 17 design.
    All I have ever wanted from hifi is for the music to sound real and live, and these speakers do that more than most for me. They have a dodgy xover on the right side at the moment, which Paul has really kindly helped my source the parts for. I'm waiting for them to come in but it will be a couple of weeks yet.
    If anyone is ever wanting to schwing by maidstone then they would be most welcome.
    Young Alan has had a listen, I think he liked them when they were on the end of a pair of NVA A80's
  • Nice James...be good to hear them in a bake off!
  • They are distinctive, and very good. Perhaps a marmite speaker at the end of the day? - I loved the mid-range in particular.

I have heard them in comparison to some other OBs, and they were poles apart. I'd like to hear these gripped by some A class grunt to see what bass is on offer.
  • edited April 2014
    Alan, I have no idea why but we were sitting way too close to them when you came over, now I sit about another 4ft back to great effect. When you were there the bass and the midrange sounded disjointed, sit 4ft back and they are somewhat seemless
    I would love to have a bake off at your place Paul, especially if you serve the same hamburgers !
  • Alan, I have no idea why but we were sitting way too close to them when you came over, now I sit about another 4ft back to great effect. When you were there the bass and the midrange sounded disjointed, sit 4ft back and they are somewhat seemless
    I would love to have a bake off at your place Paul, especially if you serve the same hamburgers !
    This bake off is going to be "immense". (As I believe is the modern parlence.)
  • Hang on, does that mean I'm bringing the beers?

• edited April 2014
    You're bringing the kegs. One in each of your OB bass drivers...
    @-)
  • edited April 2014

Just realised you chaps weren't joking when you said you couldn't see my link