On Ebay

edited March 2014 in Amplifiers
This Oberon Classic is very rare only 5 in the world 4 in Italy. This one I had for many years and got passed on to a good friend.
It is pleasing to see it about again.
The missing button can be made from Plastic knitting needles painted with black acrylic paint and with small rubber tube be refitted.

Sold for nearly £190.00

Comments

• That's a pretty thing Col. Never seen one before.
  • edited March 2014
    Col,
    You sound like someone who's just found at the back of sock draw a long forgotten photo of a dear but departed old relative.
    :-)
  • James Evans on the Wam actually has an Oberon also :)
  • Col,
    You sound like someone who's just found at the back of sock draw a long forgotten photo of a dear but departed old relative.
    :-)
    I often wonder were the kits goes, and limited build kit seems to have a more interesting usage.
  • What knowledge have you of the numbers of units of your various creations?
    Hell not a clue I suspect they breed on there own, About 10K Old Claymore's, 3K Sabre's, A Class ??? Magnum ??? Oberon 50, Classic Oberons 5, Gold Claymore 6, TOCA SECA 300 2,TOCA SECA 200 2,TOCA SECA 100 2, TOCA SECA 50 2, TOCA SECA 20 Stone front 30, TOCA SECA Black Fronts 30, Dirk ???, FMT ?, ID25 ???, ID50 ???, Mains Plug 20K+, MSB 1,Claymore S 50, Claymore II 100+, MS1 Speakers ???, Lescon Quatra ???
    Blackbirds 100W 20, Pro-AC Magnum ???, And lots of Inca Tech specials, A Class Pre Amp ???. CD Player ???, DAC's ??? MPX Mixing Desks 2, and lots lost in time plus a few valve amps. But a bad output for 48Yrs work so I need to get my finger out, TQ anon numbers cables and amps.
    Hell not a clue I suspect they breed on there own, About 10K Old Claymore's, 3K Sabre's, A Class ??? Magnum ??? Oberon 50, Classic Oberons 5, Gold Claymore 6, TOCA SECA 300 2,TOCA SECA 200 2,TOCA SECA 100 2, TOCA SECA 50 2, TOCA SECA 20 Stone front 30, TOCA SECA Black Fronts 30, Dirk ???, FMT ?, ID25 ???, ID50 ???, Mains Plug 20K+, MSB 1,Claymore S 50, Claymore II 100+, MS1 Speakers ???, Lescon Quatra ???
    Blackbirds 100W 20, Pro-AC Magnum ???, And lots of Inca Tech specials, A Class Pre Amp ???. CD Player ???, DAC's ??? MPX Mixing Desks 2, and lots lost in time plus a few valve amps. But a bad output for 48Yrs work so I need to get my finger out, TQ anon numbers cables and amps.
    Not to mention generously giving time & energy to others with their projects, without which they wouldn't have succeeded. I know I'm not the only one...

Via an article in Electronics World, lots of phone calls & emails, and some face to face time, Col is now God-father to (probably) the worlds only SECA 28W monoblocks with IGBT output devices. Apparently, it couldn't be done...

The world could do with more people like Col.
  • Couldn't we just?
  • ^ what they said
    Genuinely humbling.
  • edited March 2014

+1 :)

• http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Garrard-401-Turntable-with-plinth-/271442684945?

Strange when I was at Plessey I could buy these for less than £20.00.
    I wonder what so special about the extreme price for this one.

>:)
  • edited April 2014
    Just sorted some kit in my loft and found 4 off these Garrard 401 in boxes, I think I put them on e-bay for silly money, and start at £36 the 1970s prices. :D

• You found 401's????  :O £35 then, not a penny more. And only then because it's my favorite turntable!
  • Just sorted some kit in my loft and found 4 off these Garrard 401 in boxes, I think I put them on e-bay for silly money, and start at £36 the 1970s prices. :D

I'm imagining your attic as the closing scene of Raiders of The Lost Ark.

• You are meddling with powers you cannot possibly comprehend.
  • edited April 2014
    Just sorted some kit in my loft and found 4 off these Garrard 401 in boxes, I think I put them on e-bay for silly money, and start at £36 the 1970s prices. :D

I'm imagining your attic as the closing scene of Raiders of The Lost Ark.

I may even have a Mummy up there and a Granny I found about 500LP,s from the Mamma's and the Papa's

• Still not sold I better put mine up at a lower price to shift them.

• I'll give u £100 for one ;)
    Oberon arrived by the way, yet to try it been a bit busy but have planned to have a listen to it tomorrow :)
  • edited April 2014
    Oh, you got it! I would have, if I could have... Please write us a review-ey thing for Chews, I'd like to read that. I'd be interested how it compares to an atom.

Garrards seem to appreciate fast round these parts! I'll offer £105 for one then! ;) I think I may be priced out if the market by Wednesday at this rate.
  • Not heard the Atom.
    I actually bought James' off him that I mentioned earlier in the thread.

£111.50....
  • I've not heard an Oberon.

But as you've not heard an Atom, perhaps we could compare notes :-D
  • Sounds like a sensible excercise :)
  • I only do sensible ;-)
  • Same here, no excercise, too expensive, it only wears out ur shoes.
  • http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Incatech-Claymore-Amplifier-/221415267847?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item338d60de07

This looks in good condition, the FET's have been changed, it also cool with no vent the internals have no dust on them like some other imported kit are filled with it.
    I wonder if dust adds to the component damping.
    Maybe a new product there, and to collect dust all you need is a Dyson.